Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ignition Switch 1999 1.8 Avensis

Gazp

:help: Has anyone successully replaced the ignition switch on their Avensis? I'm pretty sure mines duff but am wary about disconnecting the multiplug wiring block on base of switch. Will this cause any problems? Of course a wiring diagram is unobtainable!

Any help / advice much appreciated,( I have replacement switch ).

• 4 years later...

may be this thread helps you.....

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...c=44971&hl=

:help: Has anyone successully replaced the ignition switch on their Avensis? I'm pretty sure mines duff but am wary about disconnecting the multiplug wiring block on base of switch. Will this cause any problems? Of course a wiring diagram is unobtainable!

may be this thread helps you.....

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...c=44971&hl=

This seems a common issue on the mk 1s and its very easy and cheap to replace.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem and changed the switch in 20 minutes. My post in April/May detailed what happened.

The tip is to make sure that the pin-out legends on the switch and the actual pins are exactly the same! I was sold a wrong one (not a Toyota dealer), but compared it before installing. That the only problem.

same here!

its a common fault on older avensis

its dead easy to find (bought mine on ebay) and dead easy to fit (just need a screwdriver)

there's a post on this forum that gives you the part number and how to replace it

• 7 months later...

Hi

yes i replaced my switch myself took 30 mins, i was abit freaked out first, with the cost, and all that, the problem was with key in ignition when turning car on sometimes you had to wiggle the key in barrel to get starter motor to activate.

bought from toyota about 35 pounds, got pictures of step by step from this site, and did it myself.

thanks to all on this site.

my car 1999 avensis 1.8gs bought from new, had now 11 years, best car i have had, during this time i have only paid for

4 tyres

timing belt change

ignition switch did myself

thermostate did myself

oil change every year did myself

and thats it!!!!

bash

This is a common problem, had ssame on my 1998. There are some cracking threads on here and the job is easy and quick, just follow the pictures.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links