Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Colour For T-sport?

db70

Hi all. My first post on these forums, a question i want some opinions on.

I happen to work for Toyota motor manufacturing at Derby, and one of the benefits of bieng an employee is that we get to 'lease' a car that we manufacture i.e. a corolla or avensis, for 2 yearly periods, after which we get a new one. I currently have a corolla T3 1.6 in carlo blue, but will be changing it shortly. I've made my mind up that i'm having a t-sport ( especially as when this will need replacing we will be making the new corolla, and unfortunately we won't be making the t-sport version, so this will be my last chance to own one). I just cant decide which colour to go for. I've seen all the 4 colours, and I like the grey, but I also like them in black, but most people seem to have them in black. I don't like red, and silver isn't bad. Please let me know what you think...

I happen to work for Toyota motor manufacturing at Derby, and one of the benefits of bieng an employee is that we get to 'lease' a car that we manufacture i.e. a corolla or avensis, for 2 yearly periods, after which we get a new one. I currently have a corolla T3 1.6 in carlo blue, but will be changing it shortly. I've made my mind up that i'm having a t-sport ( especially as when this will need replacing we will be making the new corolla, and unfortunately we won't be making the t-sport version, so this will be my last chance to own one). I just cant decide which colour to go for. I've seen all the 4 colours, and I like the grey, but I also like them in black, but most people seem to have them in black. I don't like red, and silver isn't bad. Please let me know what you think...

Black for me mate! Not too keen on any of the other colours for the TS, which is why I went for the Black.

:thumbsup:

Would recommend black,seeing as you work for Toyota,in relation to the new corolla t sport with 225bhp coming out in sept,what provides the extra power and will you be able to upgrade an existing t sport to 225bhp through toyota?

Would recommend black,seeing as you work for Toyota,in relation to the new corolla t sport with 225bhp coming out in sept,what provides the extra power and will you be able to upgrade an existing t sport to 225bhp through toyota?

I don't know much about the new 225bhp version. I think its a new generation of the existing vvtl-i engine. To be honest I didn't know anything about it until recently, but I'll try and find out more. I did find this piccy of the next gen corolla though....https://gateway.nifty.com/service/g-way/MAGX2/nifty/free/images/corolla0411.jpg

This is definitely an issue of personal choice.... mine is grey and IMHO it looks just great....family and colleagues have all commented on how good it looks in this colour but it would probably look equally good in black too, though I have to say I don't think I have ever seen a black one.

For the record why won't the new t-sport be made at Derby in two years time??

As far as I'm aware, we are only going to make the 5 door version of the next gen corolla, but the new 225hp will be available as 5 door, so maybe the next t-sport will be too.

I would go for blue! nice colour and with some tints...will look sweet

About the other corolla its on this months autoexpress...this is what I got from their page

-Sport Is White Hot

Exclusive spy images in this week's magazine reveal Toyota putting the finishing touches to an even more powerful version of its Corolla T Sport. The newcomer differs from the existing range-topper thanks to a deeper front spoiler, bigger airdam, distinctive twin tailpipes and 18-inch alloy wheels.

Expected to debut at the Geneva Motor Show next month, the hotter T Sport will be powered by a 225bhp engine. The Toyota will go head-to-head with the new VW Golf GTI and forthcoming Vauxhall

Astra VXR when it hits showrooms around September.

Its introduction also sees the debut of a five-door T Sport - previously, the car was available only as a three-door. This move is in response to other makers' more practical hot hatches, in particular the Golf. The newcomer will be sold alongside the existing £15,995 190bhp variant. However, the added performance will cost extra, with prices of around £17,500 for the three-door or £18,000 for the five-door model.

SOMEONE POST PICTURES PLEASEEEEE!

Hiya,

just wanted to put me tuppence worth in Black is nice but I would have to say that Al Gran (grey) is the colour for me, best shows of the car black kinda hides it a bit I think!!!! I spied a red one too pre-facelift it had been lowered (mega) and looked fab had 17" wheels with body kit never been into red but this one was well loved it was lovely mmmmmmmmmmm.

jjen

Hiya,

just wanted to put me tuppence worth in Black is nice but I would have to say that Al Gran (grey) is the colour for me, best shows of the car black kinda hides it a bit I think!!!!  I spied a red one too pre-facelift it had been lowered (mega) and looked fab had 17" wheels with body kit  never been into red but this one was well loved it was lovely mmmmmmmmmmm.

jjen

nasty wee woman... you're just sayin that cos i told you my black one looks nicer than yours!!!!! lol :group-cuddles:

Ive got a thunder grey T Sport its quite discreet. But must admit it looks a bit like an old mans car, until you put your foot down that is.

Gaz

Come to think of mine is an old mans car :crybaby::crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links