Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T-sport Traction Control System

Degringo

Hi,

I've had my Carlo Blue T-sport for 6 months now but during this time I've not heard the TCS buzzer. Although the stability control light flashes a lot when wheelspinning.

Does this mean that i have a fault with the Traction control system?

• 1 month later...

Hi Gegringo,

I,ve had my T Sport Corolla, for just over 2mnths, and have only just got the TCS to bleep, you'd be amazed how far you have to push the car to get it bleeping, this is the first car I've had with this sort of power and handling, and I'm only just getting used to how hard you can drive it through corners. Like you I'd had the light flash a few time,s and to me I felt I was really taking the coners fast, but the car loves it, I'm amazed hom much grip it has and keeps it's line through the bends, before the beeping starts.

So go on give it some stick you'll hear it bleep then, or find yourself in a field with a faulty TSC :o

Good luck :P

I had the VSC bleeping when I went to the official launch !

They made a roundabout in the middle of a test area,we managed 40mph before it started bleeping

Not a good idea to do it on a public road though,had plenty of space on the test track in case of a spin

• 2 weeks later...

Like you Chris I too went to the Corolla launch & had the pleasure of going out in the T-sport with a "test driver". All I can say is you would have to be driving like a total maniac to get the VSC to cut in on bends, like they said on the training, its not there to help you go faster but to make it safer when you do! (does help though!!) lol

Me too. When i test drove one in Jan this yr.. i got it to beep once at a roundabout..making the car salesman grin !! Obviously i bouth one right away and have since never got it to beep...hmm watch out on the way home from work tonight!!

hi alydee,

any luck with the beeping, I find that you really do have to be going 'quite quickly' ;) to get the bleeper going.

I was once stopped by a friendly police officer, who thought "you where going a bit nippy through the round about sir",

I replied " I'd be quite happy for you to tell the judge, that I'm in court today for being 'nippy' " needless to say I was wished a safe journey home lol. :o

couldnt try last night...very nearly aquaplaned!! any tips for lowering suspension. When one looks lovingly out the window at ones car - ones eyes drift to those obtrusive wheel arch gaps. I really dont want to make a mod that damages the ride if you know what i mean.,

ta

was that my hotmail account. apparenlty i havent access it in 30 days! and now its deactivated. HUH! and no way i'm i gonna pay for a hotmail account for all the verbal diarroheo in it!

hmm..had first icy encounter this morning...dont rev your t sport....ever..on ice!! esp in first gear LOL:)

reving on ice, thats part of the fun :)

trying to keep a straight line, hmm, now let me think which way do I need to steer again !

Hi alydee,

the following info is what I tried to email you, hope it is of some help

Hi Jake,

many thanks for your inquiry.

Following the adress of our distributor for the U.K.:

Motorsport Wheels, 10-11 Thurrock Par Way, RM18 7HZ Tilbury/Essex

phone:01375489500

fax: 01375489501

Best regards

H & R Spezialfedern

Jürgen Sommerhoff

Hi H&R,

I live in the UK and have been recommended your following springs for my Toyota T Sport,

29329-1 Corolla Typ E12 01/2002’ 30 VA 29 329 VA

Approval HA 29 329 HA

29329-2 Corolla Typ E12 (tiefe Ausführung/low version) 01/2002’ 45 VA 29 329 VA gelb

Approval HA 29 329 HA gelb

could you please tell me if these are available from a UK supplier

regards

Jake

Hello,

Greetings from Finland. I spotted your Corolla T Sport on http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/. In case you haven't lowered your T sport yet, you might want to take a look at http://koti.phnet.fi/peikonen/tsport/tsport.htm. I have lowered my T sport -30 mm with H&R springs using original dampers. I agree there's too much space between wheel arches and tyres. There are several T Sport suspension kits available at least from H&R (two kits -30 mm & -45 mm) or TTE (-30 mm and -50 mm adjustable coilovers). I don't know if Eibach already has a kit for T sport.

Hopefully you have enjoyed driving your T Sport. Lowering T sport makes it look so good, and ride comfort is still enjoyable. Not too soft, not too stif. Also I decided to stick to 16 inch wheelsize as roads here if Finland are not that good and my wife drives the car everyday. My T Sport is waiting for some new TTE parts to arrive: new silencer with 2 x 90 mm tailpipes and a short shift kit which reduces gear lever travel by 25%.

Best regards,

Petri

• 5 months later...

dont know if any one has had this prob but i was on a long drive and about 2.5 hours in both the VSC and traction control light cam on and stayed on. no noise and i was on a dry motorway. Anyway concerned i stopped at nearest services filled up when i re started the lights flashed and went out (like normal) it has not happened to me again but has to my brother

we took it into the deeler and they pluged it up to some computer and said they would look up the code it gave back ....

how much info can the car tell them ? and what about ?

also as its not happened again and deeler is far away have not been back .... do you think these systems are still working ?

The codes from the ECU can give a lot of detail about problems with the vehicle. I'm not sure if it's the same on the Yaris but on the MR2 you can short two of the Conning pins (E1/Te1 if my memory is working this morning), turn the igntion to on (not turning the engine) and the dash will flash the error code from the ECU.

Luckily for the MR2 there are some good resources on the web to find out what these codes actually translate to, I don't think the Yaris has been around for that long so prolly not available on the web yet, unless one of our members from Toyota GB can help out with the codes. Reduces the cost of diagnosis to the price of a paperclip :D :D :D

the light which shows a car slipping turns on when the TC (antispin) is functioning. In other words the car is spinning and the TC stops it (or tries to stop it :P ).

When the noise is heard the VSC tries to handle the car.

With the new suspension the TC is overworking and we will need a new warning light in a few weeks :P

does anybody know a way so we can make the VSC on/off with a switch?

you can not turn off VSC, you can only turn off the TRC and only to certain point as well...

if you lower the car and put bigger/wider tires, VSC will work even less... you can ask Jake about that one ;-)

as to ECU error codes - service center has a big book on the engine and they will look in it to see what the code means

maybe you can fix it alone with a switch if you know electronics....a friend has done it on an astra OPC

• 2 years later...
dont know if any one has had this prob but i was on a long drive and about 2.5 hours in both the VSC and traction control light cam on and stayed on. no noise and i was on a dry motorway. Anyway concerned i stopped at nearest services filled up when i re started the lights flashed and went out (like normal) it has not happened to me again but has to my brother

we took it into the deeler and they pluged it up to some computer and said they would look up the code it gave back ....

how much info can the car tell them ? and what about ?

also as its not happened again and deeler is far away have not been back .... do you think these systems are still working ?

I've just come back from my dealer after six visits! the service manager is really good, he's just looked at the tech bullitins and tells me the tcs and vsc light may come on if the Battery is disconnected and the steering wheel is not dead centre when re-connected, this causes the traction control to get a false reading of central, as tcs,vsc and abs all share the same information it puts a fault in the memory as the car thinks it's going round a corner when it's going straight! Put the wheel dead centre, disconnect the Battery, then reconnect after 30 seconds, problem solved!! Now go out and get that buzzer screaming!!!

Hi,

I've had my Carlo Blue T-sport for 6 months now but during this time I've not heard the TCS buzzer. Although the stability control light flashes a lot when wheelspinning.

You ain't trying hard enough! any round about, any time! flat in second, just keep going roun till it screams!!! or you visit the scenery!!!!!!!

Hi,

You ain't trying hard enough! any round about, any time! flat in second, just keep going roun till it screams!!! or you visit the scenery!!!!!!!

That post is nearly 2 years old :bookworm:

my vsc does not make any buzz sound but it does flash.

It's the same beeping sound as the reverse gear one, I think. But if you have the radio up loud, the tyres are screeching on the limit and the engine screaming at 8000rpm, you can easily miss it :D

Paul.

i found a car park the other day :rolleyes: and there was no one in it :rolleyes: its gravel and in the middle of a forest. :) so i turned the traction control off and had some fun (great car on the gravel ) :D hand break works well to :thumbsup: did it for one lap with the TC on and it beeped all the time :o :lol:

i try it flat out in second on the lift at a roundabout first few month's of the car but i didn't hear any beeping sound vsc lights come on and power cut off from the wheels but no buzzing sound

i guess i have to be real silly to hear this buzzing or beeping sound anyway i just had new 4 new tyres fitted also coming to the end of warranty soon so i dont think i be trying it again :P simply there is no need i believe you all :thumbsup: .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links