Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Suspension/tyre Changes?

G6AArgh

Hi all since ive lowered my car 40mm on Gmax springs ive been well happy with the looks but i have have come to the conclusion that im not very happy with the front end ride its just to hard and jarring, the rear is fine lots of clearance on the arches none of the rubbing on the back that some other owners have mentioned previously, but the front is way to hard for the crappy roads around here and in the last couple of weeks some rattles have started to appear in the dash. my questions are.. if i get hold of some 20-25mm spings for the front will this allow me to fit tyres with thicker side walls to soften the ride a bit? (currently i have 40s with def no room for 45s or 50s) does the 5 digit difference between 40 and 45 refer to mm, so if i use some -20mm springs this gives me another 20mm of clearance, could i fit 50s (will the total circumference of the wheel be 20mm larger than if i was on 40s??) and if i do change to thicker side walls will the tyres still have a "straight"(as in doesnt stick out to much further than the wheel) side wall so that the rubber doesnt catch on the inner edge of the arch?? and finally do you think it will help soften the ride??? if this is nat the solution to my problem what is? (dont say standard susp :o ) bit of an essay i know but i hope everyone can understand what im going on about. cheers in advance for all advice :thumbsup:

p.s where can i get -20-25mm springs from??

Get some 30-30mm ones from fensport mate :thumbsup:

What size wheels do you have? I have 16" I can run 205-45 tyres on my car at the mo.

And I would never call the ride soft :lol::lol:

there 17s on 205/40 i know that the ride wont improve dramaticaly but it must improve it a bit, im not after standard quality ride but the roads around here are REALLY shocking (millions of tourists destroying them in the summer and far fewer locals to pay for fixing them! :censor: )

I have Eibach -30 springs, they seem to drop more like -20 front and -40 rear. Centerline is very balanced looking. Might fit for u2. Also with 15 inchers there would be plenty of rubber between road and wheel...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links