Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can Abs Be Added To Gen4?

FlAsHFlOoD

Hello

I am looking to get a gen4, but really wanted one with ABS. I have seen some crappy ones with ABS and some good ones without. Can ABS be fitted later, say from a scrapped car? Would it be really difficult, and not worth the bother?

If i could my choice would be a lot wider......

Thanks!

not worth the bother

You will require the ABS ECU and actuator, the ABS brake lines, wheel sensors and new hubs all round. It is virtually impossible to remove used sensors from hubs, so you'll need new ones. They are over £100 each. Is it still worth it? :D

Just bide your time till you find a good Gen 4 that has got ABS. I've bought cars in a rush before and it's always something regretted later

Thanks - looks like i'll get one w/abs. Ater tomorrow (MOT day) i'll know if i have time to look at leisure.....

cheers all

ABS is only something else to go wrong with a car! U shudn't really need ABS on any car uve driven a few times as u'll know its limits

its a good bit of kit to have though ,, hardly ever goes wrong apart from the sensors in a blue moon.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links