Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Gt4 St205 Question.

ShoBe

Hello, im about to buy a Jap Import L reg Celica GT4 ST205 with 99,000 KMH / 61,000 Miles on the clock from a garage 5 units from where i work, its got slight frontal damage , Needs new bumper and bonnet also Intercooler is bent but isnt leaking,other than that its excellent condition. Insurance payed out £5,500 to the owner becouse of the bent intercooler and a bit of conning :)

Im paying roughly £1000 for it.

My question is, the guy at the garage recons the owner has had somthing done to it to make it run on normal 95 unleaded anyone have a clue what that might be and if it would be wise to run it on 95, also if it has been tinkerd with is it still ok to use the better unleaded just to be sure?

to run it on 95 ron he would of had to replace the ecu with one from a uk gt4 ,making it 238 bhp approx - mine runs like !Removed! on unleaded ,but reset the ecu and run a few tanks of optimax in her and she flies.

mine runs absolutely fine on 95 RON, even at 1.2 bar (though it only sees 1.2 bar on 95 RON when I forget I've had to put 95 in).

Have u had anything done to the engine to make it run on 95? or is it totally stock?

Also has anything been done to run it on 1.2bar or have u just wound up the boost with no other mods?

mine is way slower on 95 ron

So even if this guy has run it on 95 it wont have done any damage?

And using optimax will put it back to how it should be?

Sorry for all the questions but just want to make sure before i buy it.

shouldn't of , optimax is just unleaded with a bit extra , as i mentioned my gt4 simply dont give the performance i like on 95 ron but it runs the same just isn't as quick.

if it was going to do any damage to the engine there would be signs of damage!! the only thing that would of happened is the combustion temperature would of been to high leeding to melt down. I take it there isn't a miss fire? To make sure you can do a compression test! But to be fair you would know if something had been melted! Anyway i would recomend you only run it on 97/98ron fuel. The engine will run cooler and actually do more to the gallon! If you need to run it on 95 for what ever reason, just dont drive it so hard. And in the future if you want to mod the car(mapping, turbo, what ever) i can recomend 76 fuels, we are running 106 ron with a high oxygen content. The car ran well producing 500+ hp at TEN OF THE BEST this year whilst pulling low 11 sec quarters!!!! (gt4 not the supra) hope this helps....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links