Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Or Xsara?

m4rk scotland

rite there are pro's and cons of each car

will have about 3.5k

pro mr2 n/a rev 3 173bhp (isnt it?)

looks far better as standard

great handleing

rear wheel drive :)

more reliable

cons

older car for money

higher millage for money

looks faster than it is

xsara 2.0vts 167bhp

pros

V reg for 3k!!

lower miles

cheaper parts?

looks slower than it is!!

cons

not as good looking

front wheel drive

citroen reliability?

worse handling

basicly the 2 cars are similar in performance, i can afford the insurance on both but cant afford a turbo mr2!!

main problem for me is that a n/a mk2 mr2 could get embarassed or a scare from a powerful hot hatch.,, but the xsara is a bit of a sleeper.

obviously you guys are gonna be biased but i really dont know which to go for! im used to a good handling car so handling is important to me, what do you think?

for both handling and reliability.. the MR2 wins hands down..

You knwo the rest with regards to looks etc..

Also.. even though it may be an 'older' car... they are x10 more reliable than any new French Lemon.. :lol:

Seriously though... Less depreciation.. and looks way better..a nd you can get a T-bar for the sumemr months..

No comparison mate...

Id like to see you go to a Xsara forum and post this exact thread.. i'd love to see the respones!.. :lol::thumbsup:

V reg for 3k!!

lower miles

should be a good enough reason not to get one.

imagine what they will sell for in a few yrs time!

Go for a spin in a 2 and see how many people turn their heads, then go for a spin in a xsara.......is it starting to make sense yet? :rolleyes:

Try throwing a 2 around a bend sideways.... :D and then try the same in a xsara :lol:

Think of your fave pair of wheels and picture them on a 2 :thumbsup: ...then picture them on a zsara :eek:

Tell someone you drive a mid mounted rear wheel drive 2 seater sports car :P and then tell them you drive a...........just dont bother telling anyone actually I think you catch my drift :thumbsup:

Have a look at this one Clicky....194bhp and has had loads of work done.

This car belongs to a friend of mine.

Just to show what kind of car you could have for your 3.5k ;)

Have a look at this one Clicky....194bhp and has had loads of work done.

This car belongs to a friend of mine.

Just to show what kind of car you could have for your 3.5k ;)

hmm yeh,, THERE ARE NO XSARA OWNERS CLUBS!! lol, well not int he uk, the main reason the xsara came into mind was because no-one would expect it to be fast, but having just been at a wee cruisething in edinburgh, (it was a bit too chavy for my likings) and having seen an mr2 i think my mind is already made up,

as for the depreciation i doubt they will or can fall any further!!!

now just need to find the right mr2! :yes:

I've driven a Xsara before, as a hrie car for a couple of days to go up north, boy was it scarey!! It was a 1.4, and trying to go over 70 on the M1 was terrifying to say the least!! I never wanna sit in one again. The car was like floating about at speed. So I had to keep it to below 75 all the way up, and all the way down the M1. I just did NOT feel safe in it at all. AND, I couldn't see jack out of the rear window either, cos the seat was low sloung, and the rear window is quite high up.

and having seen an mr2 i think my mind is already made up,

Just make sure you look at a few before you buy one so you can tell good ones from bad.

I'd bring mine up to edinburgh to let you have a good look about it but the head gasket has gone :( (getting fixed in a few days hopefully)

If you fancy a run to Galashiels you can come have a look at mine and Jim's cars,

that way you can see the differences between n/a and turbo.

:thumbsup:

and having seen an mr2 i think my mind is already made up,

Just make sure you look at a few before you buy one so you can tell good ones from bad.

I'd bring mine up to edinburgh to let you have a good look about it but the head gasket has gone :( (getting fixed in a few days hopefully)

If you fancy a run to Galashiels you can come have a look at mine and Jim's cars,

that way you can see the differences between n/a and turbo.

:thumbsup:

if i could when the time comes id like to do that. thats the whole reason i joined this site well before i get an mr2, so id know what to look out for and what model specs there are. but it would be good to be shown round the engine etc so i know what to keep an eye on :)

ones a cool looking, sporty, chick pulling 'set up like a ferrari' classic looking car

the others french

nuff said

...can't believe I read this. MR2 or Citroen Xsara???

What the f**k are you smoking??? :ffs:

Go for a spin in a 2 and see how many people turn their heads, then go for a spin in a xsara.......is it starting to make sense yet?  :rolleyes:

Try throwing a 2 around a bend sideways.... :D  and then try the same in a xsara  :lol:

Think of your fave pair of wheels and picture them on a 2  :thumbsup: ...then picture them on a zsara  :eek:

Tell someone you drive a mid mounted rear wheel drive 2 seater sports car  :P  and then tell them you drive a...........just dont bother telling anyone actually I think you catch my drift  :thumbsup:

First of all, that was a stupid question in this forum :lol: Then again, if you aked the same question in a xsara forum ( if they existed ) you'd pobably get the same answer you got here!!! :lol::lol:

Anyway, i agree with the above. No one gives a :lol: about looking at a xsara. Its like comparing the looks I get in my 2, to the looks we get when im in my mates Ferrari. Dont compare. ( quite lol)

Now then... If it was xantia..... I get 45-50 mpg out of my TD Xantia and 18mpg out of my GT4... Guess which one i drive the most. Citroens are great cars provided you dont pay more than 200 quid for on. :D

ones a cool looking, sporty, chick pulling 'set up like a ferrari' classic looking car

the others french

nuff said

And there my friend is the answer :yes:

I'm glad others thought it was a joke too, lol.

Seriously, the MR2 has to be a better car in pretty much every way except maybe fuel and insurance costs. French cars are not renowned for their quality.

you may all laugh but the N/A mr2 can be embarrased by too many hothatches that look liek they cost and some do much less!! ie the xsara vts or a clio 172/182 (infact the clio would rape the N/A mr2 off the line and scare it ont he handling stakes! thats why i asked because there are some cons of the mr2. i do like the car but id hate to be sitting on a country road and have some chav etc be able to beat me in a car that doesnt look like it should.

Well that is partly true, I must admit I've struggled on occasions against some new hatchbacks, they seem to weigh bugger all compared to the MR2 and their handling is more forgiving especially in wet conditions.

To be honest, whatever car you get there will always be other cars that will beat you. The N/A is pretty quick, 0-60 in 7.7ish secs isn't bad at all.

Well that is partly true, I must admit I've struggled on occasions against some new hatchbacks, they seem to weigh bugger all compared to the MR2 and their handling is more forgiving especially in wet conditions.

To be honest, whatever car you get there will always be other cars that will beat you. The N/A is pretty quick, 0-60 in 7.7ish secs isn't bad at all.

thats the thing. the car looks faster than it is. if your sitting at the lights and a pug 106 gti pulls along side joe blog would think wow look at that sports car thatl easyly beat that wee car!! but it wont! 106gti is 0-60 in 7.7 aswell. saxo vts seat cupra turbo's, renault clio's old and new!, civic vti,mazda mx6 mini cooper, rover 200vi, vauxhall cavilier v6 get my point,

none look as if they should be as quick or quiker than an mr2 N/A.

but iv already made my mind up and will be getting an mr2 anyway!!

(obviously the tubby would show all these up but a bit out my price and insurance range.... for now :thumbsup: )

thats the thing that pisses me off about my n/a at the moment. i DO beat most stuff that you just said when driving it hard. but every1 thinks my car will naff anything on the road but it wont. turbos are just so hard to run at my age so i just play the "im too kool for racin" card

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links