Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Bolt On Turbo

Hasuki

alright lads,just bought a mr2 gti 2 litre.Currently kitting it out and i need advice.

Is it possible to get a bolt on turbo for it,ive searched the net with no luck so far.

And im going to get 17"alloys,you think this would be the best size? :help:

alright lads,just bought a mr2 gti 2 litre.Currently kitting it out and i need advice.

Is it possible to get a bolt on turbo for it,ive searched the net with no luck so far.

And im going to get 17"alloys,you think this would be the best size? :help:

Cheaper to get Rogue Systems to transplant a 3SGTE into it. :yes:

17's will be fine. 18's if you want it to tramline like a loony. :D

16" is the best for driving .. 17"/18" for looks (in my opinion).

And the cost to Turbo a 3s-ge engine wouldn't be worth it. Swap a gte block in.

even more sensible as you have not actually spent money kitting it yet is sell it and go and buy a turbo.

even more sensible as you have not actually spent money kitting it yet is sell it and go and buy a turbo.

I was going to get a turbo originally but i couldnt find the right one for me,the one i got was perfect except not turbo model,anyway im 23 so i would probably get clobbered insurance wise in difference between turbo and n/a?

Do what I'm doing, run as an n/a for a few years, loads of torque and then stump up the money for a conversion.

think i will keep this baby until 25 and then buy a newer turbo model :thumbsup:

I wouldnt throw too much cash at an NA if you intend to buy a turbo in a couple of years. ;)

You will never get it back when you come to sell it ! :(

Im only 22 and my insurance on my tubby aint that bad, £750 a year fully comp :thumbsup:

think i will keep this baby until 25 and then buy a newer turbo model :thumbsup:

I wouldnt throw too much cash at an NA if you intend to buy a turbo in a couple of years. ;)

Im only 22 and my insurance on my tubby aint that bad, £750 a year fully comp :thumbsup:

Whos that with ? I am 26 with no claims, 3pts and am paying £700

Whos that with ? I am 26 with no claims, 3pts and am paying £700

elephant.co.uk

they wouldnt give me a quote on line for a tubby, but i rang up to get one, also got breakdown cover included.

To get the policy cheaper....i added my mum to the insurance...by adding a more experianced driver (on paper) the quote actually went down ! - stupid i know, but it does !

give em a go, tell em your best quote so far

Bound speaks the truth :yes: .........(thats my poor Yoda impression)

I put my Mrs on my insurance with elephant for my Ibiza Cupra and it halved the price :eek:

Bound speaks the truth  :yes: .........(thats my poor Yoda impression)

I put my Mrs on my insurance with elephant for my Ibiza Cupra and it halved the price  :eek:

Tis true just knocked my insurance down by 200 bucks by adding the mrs

Goku, insurance for Turbos were cheaper than G/Ltd when i got quotes from Elephant, hence i got a turbo.

17" s deffo looks best, altho i used to have 16"s which are certainly better than 15"s.

I for one prefer looks!

How are you manageing to get insurance for the turbo model? Any company I asked about getting cover for a rev 3 turbo refused me point blank :censor: Yet im only £475 full comp for a UK Rev 3 n/a.....

I can't understand insurance its a lottery, when i was 23 i phoned everywhere getting quotes for n/a mr2's and everywhere said NO must be 25 before we'll cover you on a car over group 15.

At 25 i got a group 16 n/a and it was £600, then it was £500 the next year, then i put a turbo engine in and the cheapest was £1350. I'm 28 car garaged, limited milage, 1 year ncb (did have 3 years had 50/50 claim for £600) also got 2 years ncb on another car, no convictions :(

hasuki im loving your signature.

haha so true,..bring back CS 1.5 :thumbsup:

and ban the awp!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links