Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Wipers

Blue84

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• starletsr

• Matthew_McNally

• Blue84

• dicey2k

PIAA wipers, how much are they? come in pairs or single?

they come singley.

cost depends on size (mine @ 24" and 20" were about £45 I think), they start at £17 each (inc VAT and delivery) from speeding.co.uk

Thanks

Is it the same sort of price on here?

Clicky

roughly - yeah.

I got the "super sporza" ones - they have a spoiler that is supposed to keep them on the windscreen at high speed.

speeding is probably a bit more expensive (they are a business - they have to make a profit), and you cant buy direct from PIAA (that I know of).

other places do them too (demon-tweeks off the top of my head)

Oh oh found this one too

Wipers

Looks promising as Piaa do do good stuff, might give it a try seeing that you have suggested.  :thumbsup:

that site looks cheaper, but their prices dont include VAT and delivery.

the wipers are superb.

thoroughly clean your windows.

then clean them with the supplied wipe.

fit the wipers, and sit in the car, in the dry, with them on full whack for ten minutes.

this lays down a coating of silicone.

when it rains, the silicone helps the water sheet off - and every time you use them, you are topping up the silicone layer B)

they are also practically silent.

Q: What are your postage charges?

A: UK: £3.00 (£2.55 + VAT 17.5%)

Europe: £11.75 (£10.00 + VAT 17.5%)

World: £25.00 (VAT exempt)

My passanger wiper does this. Bounces on the windscreen on the way up. It's not the blades though (Bosch ones). I think it is the fact that the wiper isn't pressed against the glass enough. So on the way up the blade is facing the wrong way (but on the way down it isn't) so it's working against itself.

Bit hard to explain.

Imagine the ---- is the glass and the \ is the wiper.

It should be:

Up:

>>>> / >>>>

-----------------

Down

<<<< \ <<<<

-----------------

What it does is this:

Up:

>>>> \ >>>> (you see the blade is working against itself)

-----------------

Down

<<<< \ <<<<

-----------------

I'll give you a medal if you can understand that.

BOSCH. go. now. buy. :P

Never use Bosch again crap stuff, i'd advise champions ..... if that's what it's called. But Bosch goes funny after a short while, i've been using Bosch for quite a while and they are fine at first, but after a few times using it, it goes all crap.

Well i'm sure i speak for a good few people here when i say thats "Your Opinion".

I for one have never had any troubles with bosch "crap".

You might want to try cleaning your blades properly as suggested! they are bound to deteriorate if they arent properly looked after! :ph34r:

Well whatever blades i buy, they have to be replaced yearly ideally, plainly due to the fact that it's so hot here in the summer, and by the time it gets to the winter they've perished. So spend 5 pounds on a set, or 40 pound on a set, i don't really mind, as long as they work as I only use the things for 3 months of the year!

Well whatever blades i buy, they have to be replaced yearly ideally, plainly due to the fact that it's so hot here in the summer, and by the time it gets to the winter they've perished. So spend 5 pounds on a set, or 40 pound on a set, i don't really mind, as long as they work as I only use the things for 3 months of the year!

Do you find your interior mirror falls off the windscreen too?? I have family in Spain and they say that most manufacturers who stick their interior mirrors to the glass seem to drop off in the heat of summer :lol:

Nah interior mirror styas in place (well it did since i bought the car, end of september) but have had problems with my mobile phone holder, tax disc and MOT discs falling off the screen and dash constantly. Hence no mobile phone holder and three new lots of disc holders on the screen... :ffs:

Nah interior mirror styas in place (well it did since i bought the car, end of september) but have had problems with my mobile phone holder, tax disc and MOT discs falling off the screen and dash constantly. Hence no mobile phone holder and three new lots of disc holders on the screen... :ffs:

Yeah sounds about right... Well at least u have the weather to cause stuff to fall off! :ffs:

Sounds good Matt, how long have urs lasted? Least you can get replacing wiper blades for it rather than buying the whole arm with it.

only had them on my GS430 for a few months.

had them on my IS200 for around 18 months.

you cant buy replacement blades that I am aware of.

never have any probs with interior mirror falling off, it's stuck on solidly!

am gonna clean the car tomorrow to see if that helps, she is rather dirty and more brown instead of Ice Blue..

Also forgot to check the blades last night too - so will cehck them tomorrow instead

never have any probs with interior mirror falling off, it's stuck on solidly!

am gonna clean the car tomorrow to see if that helps, she is rather dirty and more brown instead of Ice Blue..

Also forgot to check the blades last night too - so will cehck them tomorrow instead

Hey T!

I was on about Paphos... Being a resident of the land of hotness i was asking him about the mirrors coz i know people in Spain have similar troubles, Wiper Blades cracking etc. Its never going to fall off in our dismal "country"... we just don't get the heat or humidity!

Still got standard wipers on mine.

A good wash every 2 weeks will clean up the windscreen and wipers, and I then treat every window in RainX.

Certainly does the job, and the screen stays pretty clear.

However, after about 3K, they're starting to leave marks, even after a good wash every week or so.

Will be getting Bosch ones next I reckon....

I need to get some Rain-X too - a lot of people on here use it, it seems :)

Have cleaned the car today, proper clean inside and out so she's all shiney and looking like brand new again - so will see if it has any difference.

It's worth it Blue.

Water just runs straight off the windows.

I used to put it on my visor on my helmet, before i turned nancy and stopped riding the bike in the wet (on purpose, at least!).

Rain-X is brilliant stuff, on the mtorway you barely need your wipers! Water just blows right off! In the snow too at +50mph it doesn't even bother to settle and wet your screen!

Rain-X is brilliant stuff, on the mtorway you barely need your wipers! Water just blows right off! In the snow too at +50mph it doesn't even bother to settle and wet your screen!

I agree, sort of. I used it for a while, but I found that after about a year of use, it left a film on my windsheild that I could see, especially at night. It took a fair amount of work and vinegar and water to get all the crap off so that the windsheild was crystal clear again.

I guess it's a trade off though, I'd never use it in Arizona because it hardly rains here most of the year, but if you live somewhere that it does it could be worth it.

I think if I did it again, i'd probably apply it every so often and then after 3 months or so, I'd strip it all off and begin again.

I've heard from a number of people who've reported the same issue and I followed directions, so I expect it's just a factor with that product, but it can be avoided by cleaning it all off periodically I suspect.

I agree, sort of. I used it for a while, but I found that after about a year of use, it left a film on my windsheild that I could see, especially at night. It took a fair amount of work and vinegar and water to get all the crap off so that the windsheild was crystal clear again.

I guess it's a trade off though, I'd never use it in Arizona because it hardly rains here most of the year, but if you live somewhere that it does it could be worth it.

I think if I did it again, i'd probably apply it every so often and then after 3 months or so, I'd strip it all off and begin again.

I've heard from a number of people who've reported the same issue and I followed directions, so I expect it's just a factor with that product, but it can be avoided by cleaning it all off periodically I suspect.

It rains a LOT here! And iv experienced the film too, but every three months i clean windscreen thouroughly to get film off as i can see it at night too. Steam cleaning gets it off quite well.

I only put Rain-X on every month or so, maybe less... it lasts for a long time, but it is great stuff.

Also, im using Bosch blades... brilliant bit of kit! After putting up with toyota crap for ages and then JML cheapies, it's a huge difference!

Wow... iv agreed with scionic.... this beer must be off!! :lol::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links