Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tescos Release 99 Ron Fuel.

GT4 BOOSTER

good news for imports and uk cars alike and at 87.7 p a litre :lol::lol::thumbsup:

Just remember ya Clubcard if ya fill up on that then. LOADSA points.... :yes:

isnt supermarket petrol bad tho? ill let sumone else try it first

Think that s a bit of a myth. I`ve seen BP and Texaco tankers refilling the tanks at my local tesco. Think they just get it from the cheapest supplier on the day. :unsure:

good news for imports and uk cars alike and at 87.7 p a litre  :lol:  :lol:  :thumbsup:

Will that be available at any Tesco, or just selected ones?

Just remember ya Clubcard if ya fill up on that then. LOADSA points.... :yes:

This is prolly a stupid question, but where do you get one of those? :unsure:

Yves.

cool.

that should force Shell's hand, and make them release V-Power fuel over here :D

Tesco's are running a trial in the SE. They are considering reusing their LRP pumps for 99 octane petrol. The following stations have 99 octane:

Beford 1--RIVERFIELD DRIVE, BEDFORD, BEDFORDSHIRE

MK41 0SE

Cheshunt Extra--BROOKFIELD CENTRE, CHESHUNT, WALTHAM CROSS, HERTFORDSHIRE

EN8 0TA

Crawley Hazelwick--HAZELWICK AVENUE, CRAWLEY, WEST SUSSEX

RH10 1GY

Gallions Reach Extra--?

Gillingham Kent----COURTENEY ROAD, GILLINGHAM, KENT

ME8 0GX

Lakeside Extra---CYGNET VIEW, LAKESIDE, GRAYS, ESSEX

RM20 1TX

Ramsgate Manston--MANSTON ROAD, RAMSGATE, KENT

CT12 6NT

Salisbury 2--BOURNE CENTRE, SOUTHAMPTON ROAD, SALISBURY, WILTSHIRE

SP1 2NY

Sandhurst Extra--THE MEADOWS, MARSHALL ROAD, SANDHURST, SURREY

GU47 0FD

Sevenoaks Riverhead--AISHER WAY, RIVERHEAD,SEVENOAKS, KENT

TN13 2QS

Stevenage Extra--THE FORUM, STEVENAGE, HERTFORDSHIRE

SG1 1ES

Winchester--EASTON LANE, WINCHESTER, HAMPSHIRE

SO23 7RS

There are some rumours:

1. Shell is importing their Vpower(Blue color) into UK.

2. BP is importing 99Ron petrol by next week.

Get it in your JDM cars ASAP. :thumbsup:

Vpower(Blue color) is that more than 99ron then, cos optimax is 99ron, isn't it?... :eek:

Vpower(Blue color) is that more than 99ron then, cos optimax is 99ron, isn't it?...  :eek:

Optimax is 98ron. Vpower depends on the country you are in; Germany it's 100ron, Rep. of Ireland it's 95ron.

I will have to look out for that at my local tesco if they decide to sell it there ;)

jerry!!

:angry: Bah humbug..you southern gets always have the good stuff first :crybaby: :P ..tell us if its any good :lol::thumbsup:

87.7p?? We got it down here at 85.9 !! And the regular unleaded is only 84.9, so the Super is only 1p more !! I'M AT SANDHURST, I'M AT SANDHURST !!! HAHA, I can't really say if it's made any difference to the performance of my car as yet, I don't rag my car try to get to 12,000 rpm at 80 in 1st gear !! Ha ha.

Ask Starlet SR, she is putting it in her Glanza now I think.

Lakeside Extra---CYGNET VIEW, LAKESIDE, GRAYS, ESSEX

RM20 1TX

There are some rumours:

1. Shell is importing their Vpower(Blue color) into UK.

2. BP is importing 99Ron petrol by next week.

:) I'm happy, Lakeside is my local one :D

BP here are charging 91.9p for 97 Ron Ultimate - which is very steep, so will be very happy if 99 Ron is cheaper than that from Tesco.

Vpower(Blue color) is that more than 99ron then, cos optimax is 99ron, isn't it?...  :eek:

Isnt Vpower 100 ron in germany etc?

I Pay like 96p per litre for opitmax where i live, hopefully a tesco near me gets some 99ron fuel that would save me a few bob a week on juice.

Vpower(Blue color) is that more than 99ron then, cos optimax is 99ron, isn't it?...   :eek:

Isnt Vpower 100 ron in germany etc?

Yes - it is in Germany.

yeah the german v-power is 100ron

its like putting rocket fuel in! we were trying to cram every last possible drop in when we found it at a garage on the Nurburg trip

87.7p?? We got it down here at 85.9 !! And the regular unleaded is only 84.9, so the Super is only 1p more !! I'M AT SANDHURST, I'M AT SANDHURST !!! HAHA, I can't really say if it's made any difference to the performance of my car as yet, I don't rag my car try to get to 12,000 rpm at 80 in 1st gear !! Ha ha.

Ask Starlet SR, she is putting it in her Glanza now I think.

85.9... :crybaby: not fair........ :P

Hi

Can i just ask what difference does this 'ron' make?? :help:

Adam

The number followed by RON relates to the octane level of the fuel. Very simply (and I'm no expert) it is basically the relative combustability of the fuel.

Normal Unleaded is 95 RON, Super Unleaded is 97 RON (generally) and in France Super Unleaded is 98 RON. Basically, the higher the octane level, the greater the combustability and the better acceleration/efficiency is when put into your engine.

As I understand it, all Japanese imports have their ECU's mapped to run on 98 RON, therefore Super Unleaded should be used. However, most highly tuned engines can discern the octane rating of a fuel and adjust their timing settings accordingly and therefore give you better performance on higher octane fuel.

Hope that's not too confusing........ :eek:

If in doubt - whack some in your car and feel the difference. In mine it's like putting rocket fuel in the tank!! :thumbsup:

If in doubt - whack some in your car and feel the difference.  In mine it's like putting rocket fuel in the tank!!  :thumbsup:

Are you sure it makes that much difference? Because to get much performance increase you really need to remap your ECU... You still get better mpg from higher octane fuel though :D

It makes a really noticeable difference.

If you look in the Celica Handbook it just states 95 RON or better. I've taken from this that the fact it says "or better" means that the ECU is capable of differentiating as standard.

This is the opposite to what I've seen in other cars where it states in the manual "95 RON - no additional benefit will be gained from using a higher octane fuel".

In any event, if there's no performance gain, the engine still runs sweeter and that's enough to persuade me it's doing some good and may help the longevity of the engine. Worth the extra 10p I reckon. At the end of the day, it's only £5 more a tankful......

yup i'd have to agree Spuffington, i notice the diffenence when i have to us normal ron fuel, doesn't feel as quick and gives less mpg.... :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links