Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Error Code

houston

i get error code 21 after a few mins of motorway driving, checked and its " Detection of oxygen sensor deterioration or open or short in oxygen sensor heater."

didnt know rev 1s had oxygen sensors, only air temp sensors? or could it be due to the fact ive cut the exhaust cat temp sensor? it noticeably cuts power when the light comes on, engine seems louder as well. HELP!!!

would that be the lambda sensor you cut???

a lambda sensor checks emissions, only thing this sensor does is tell you when cat is too hot, even then its a seperate light on dash.

a lambda sensor removed would totally mess up my engine.

but the sensor would pick up no emissions and shut down engine to prevent damage. what happened on a mates 405 mi16, took us ages to find out what was wrong, but anyway about my car!!!

where is the oxygen sensor if i have one?

ok, i have no idea which *oxy sensor* your actually talking about, so lets just list them all!

AFM:, Air flow meter, meters how much oxygen goes into the engine... located just off the airbox

Map1: map sensor, if is gen 3+ then you dont have an AFM, you have ONLY a map, located in the intake manifold

Map2: map sensor 2, if is turbo, you have one of these, this one is ran for the boost guage, and fuel cut, thus killing this kills fuel cut. Duno where its located, obviously somewhere on the intake side of things though :).

Lamda: located in the exhaust, genereally just off the exhaust outlet from the turbo, or if non turbo, around the area where the headers / exhaust manfold become 1 pipe.

im probbaly off by miles, but then again, im only cozmo!

but the sensor would pick up no emissions and shut down engine to prevent damage. what happened on a mates 405 mi16, took us ages to find out what was wrong, but anyway about my car!!!

where is the oxygen sensor if i have one?

a lambda sensor checks emissions, only thing this sensor does is tell you when cat is too hot, even then its a seperate light on dash.

a lambda sensor removed would totally mess up my engine.

lambda sensor picks up oxygen levels in the emissions :P

its an n/a rev1, the only sensor i know of is the air temp sensor, thats why im posting on here cos i know nowt of any other oxygen sensor on this engine,

and i thought it was only rev3+ that have an air flow meter and rev 1 2 are mapped, i posted for help and its gettin more confusing.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links