Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dash Warning Light

sewelly

:help: Just a query might sound really dumb but is slightly worrying. On my way home tonight the orange engine warning light came on in forth gear at 4000revs. I quickly pulled over and turned the engine of with my little knowledge every thing seemed fine. Set of a agian and it was fine no warning light, thought id try the same situation again and no light appeared... :wacko:

p.s. my car is a g-limited tbar (Import) and the previous owner had had it stood on his drive for a year.

Any help would be greatful cheers

need to check for ECU error codes ..

Details on how are in the stickie threads.

Alright bibbs..just had a look mate and non of that made any sense...what do you think i should do mate?

Dont do anything mate. If the light has gone out and everything is fine then leave it well alone mate. Now if the problem comes back again then starting worrying.

jerry!!

cheers jerry..all that technical stuff scared the **** out of me...im giving a long drive on wednesday so might be back on then crying if it appears again :thumbsup:

i would still check the codes mate as it datalogs them and you can find out why it came on in the first place

dont want it going bang do you!

all you do is short two contacts in the diag plug with a piece of wire and watch the light flash the number codes

as bibbs says its all in the sticky

i would still check the codes mate as it datalogs them and you can find out why it came on in the first place

dont want it going bang do you!

all you do is short two contacts in the diag plug with a piece of wire and watch the light flash the number codes

as bibbs says its all in the sticky

Just coming back from leeds and the light came on again... had a look for the ecu but cant find it just wondering where it is on a Rev 1???????

it's not the ECU you're looking for. Open the engine bay. You'll see a little box near the bootside of the engine bay which saysy Diag or Diagnostic on it. Take the top of it. That's whereyou sort the two connectors.

Ive ran the diagnostic check and these were the results:

21 which is oxygen sensor/Heater: Detection of oxygen sensor deteriation or open short in oxygen sensor heater.....Ihave no ideas what this means any Sugestions of what to do???

42: Vehicle speed sensor signal: No SPD for 8seconds when engine speed is between 2500 and 6000rpm and coolant temp is below 80'C except when racing the engine.....My thought was because my speedo aint working this error would appear...or am i totally on the wrong track??....

Any suggestions would be brilliant cheers.... :thumbsup:

Get the Sensor checked .. or get a 2nd hand one.

And yeah, the speedo stopping would cause the light to flash (I broke a wire on my G'box at Nur' and this started happening).

And yeah, the speedo stopping would cause the light to flash (I broke a wire on my G'box at Nur' and this started happening).

Cheers mate thank god it aint nething to big

Cheers for all your help

Cheers mate thank god it aint nething to big

Cheers for all your help

You may notice rubbish economy if the O2 sensor is knacked ..

And no problem, here to help - and you did it yourself ;)

lol yeah did notice rubbish economy thought it was because of my heavey right foot. Booked in to the garage for a full service and to get the sensors fixed. :thumbsup:

:help: Just wondering wheres the best place to buy a new speedo cable from? By the best i mean the cheapest....cheers

i had this and alternator went and car wouldnt start, i wouldnt just ignore it if i were u.

:help: Just wondering wheres the best place to buy a new speedo cable from? By the best i mean the cheapest....cheers

Any old scrappy .. Rogue systems .. or check the for sales on IMOC.co.uk or MR2OC.co.uk. Always a few cars being broken ;)

Good luck.

howmuch is the lambda sensor settin u back? i need mine done as i get that error code too.

I notice you have a G-Ltd - which means it's an import. Most of the imports in this country have had the speedo converted (to MPH) and probably de-limited too.

I would start by getting this lot checked first if your error codes are reading 42.

Not sure what to suggest about 21 though...

The 21 must have been an old error as i re set the ecu and only the 42 came up which was the speedo. I believe this was because the speedo cable has broken. which should be getting replaced next week. it is an import and the speedo has been changed to mph. Does this sound right???

error 21 wont come up until your doing motorway crusing, resetting ecu wipes the codes so it needs to fault find again

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links