Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing Engine Coolant (lucida)

tommyis3

Hi everone.

I have had my Lucida a while, now i want to do an engine coolant change, not sure where the drain plugs are, i know that there is on under the rad but not sure where else, also the coolant in the engine is red, do i need to keep to red coolant, if so where do i buy it from?

Guess aToyota dealership will sell it.

If anyone could give me a complete guide to emptying / flushing and re-filling the coolant system that would be great. :help:

Oh well, no replies, must be because no-one has ever done a coolant change in their lucida. :(

Oh well, no replies, must be because no-one has ever done a coolant change in their lucida.  :(

Might be just salesman's waffle but I was told by a member of the service team at a main Toyota dealer that you should always use TRoyota coolant or the system will 'POP' what that means I amnot sure but it doesn't sound to much fun to me!.

• 3 months later...

I don't know if it's too late, but a friend of mine had a Ford Galaxy thing, and he had a "t" piece break. The AA bloke sorted it out for him, but said imported cars have pink coolant and UK cars have green/blue and the two react with each other and cause the hoses and connections to rot if the radiator isn't flushed properly.

Yep if I remember from way back when I was in a Toyota dealership years ago, the coolant or 4Life as it was called then is pretty special stuff and you should not mix the two. You can buy it ready mixed from any Toyota $tealer

As for drain plugs, there was a Lucida at work traded in I'll have a quick look tomorrow and see if I can see a drain on the radiator, if not then taking the bottom hose off should do.

• 4 months later...

:thumbsup:

Hi everone.

I have had my Lucida a while, now i want to do an engine coolant change, not sure where the drain plugs are, i know that there is on under the rad but not sure where else, also the coolant in the engine is red, do i need to keep to red coolant, if so where do i buy it from?

Guess aToyota dealership will sell it.

If anyone could give me a complete guide to emptying / flushing and re-filling the coolant system that would be great. :help:

Yep if I remember from way back when I was in a Toyota dealership years ago, the coolant or 4Life as it was called then is pretty special stuff and you should not mix the two. You can buy it ready mixed from any Toyota $tealer

As for drain plugs, there was a Lucida at work traded in I'll have a quick look tomorrow and see if I can see a drain on the radiator, if not then taking the bottom hose off should do.

alreet bonny lad. when changing coolant remember to bleed the new stuff in.i had problems with mine and had to have it done again.gan canny.

alreet bonny lad. when changing coolant remember to bleed the new stuff in.i had problems with mine and had to have it done again.gan canny.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links