Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pertol Needle

Bryn

My petrol needle is dead slow to rise when i fill it up.

Is this normal, do they all do this?

If not is there any way of fixin it, im guess in i have to take all the plastic and stuff off again and maybe clean it or somin.

Id just rather know if its the norm and save me a job to find out the hard way!

Cheers Bryn

well dunno if its norm or not but mines the same so its quite possible it is, takes ages to rise after filling just goes up in little bits at a time

Guest rev3turbo

mine does the same,

i can actually drive 20 miles with it going up all the time until it finally reaches full :o

it's a good 2mins to go from bottom to top .. don't worry ;)

How far down does yours go before your petrol light comes on? not sure if my bulb has gone. it goes past the bottom line and still no light. had the car 10 month and never seen the petrol light.

It must be bust, if you have even a quarter of a tank and boot the car, with it sloshing about in the tank the light comes on.

It must be bust, if you have even a quarter of a tank and boot the car, with it sloshing about in the tank the light comes on.

Not on my Rev3. The needle had to get way below the minimum mark before the light came on.

Some people say you should never really run the car on less than a quarter of a tank of fuel. The reason for this is those people believe that there is muck at the bottom of the tank that can foul fuel systems. I say then why is there then a fuel filter that needs replacing every year??? It's up to you what level you run your tank down to, but I have got in the habbit of re-filling at just above the minimum mark.

plus the pipe that sucks the fuel up dont touch the bottom anyway..

Cheers I better change my bulb, is it an easy job or not? never done it on this car before? any advice?

cheers

not really if you know what your doin i can strip dash in 5 mins ive done it that often.

i have to take the needle way past empty to get my light on, why not drive out what petrols left in your tank to check light and carry a petrol can just incase rather than pull dash to bits for light that isnt broke?

mine goes up really slow but tends to go back down really fast

Would that not drag all the crap up off the bottom of the tank?

ive ran out of pettol twice in my 2 and had no probs, i have a fear of my car bein stolen so i never put too much petrol in so it cant go far without needin fuel, all garages have cameras now so if the scum pinch my car they have to go for petrol, theyre not likely to pay for it so camera gets who stole my car!

worked for my fiesta but the garage didnt have good enough camera :censor:

How many miles have people done after the orange fuel light has come on for the firat time?

mine does the same,

i can actually drive 20 miles with it going up all the time until it finally reaches full 

How FAST do u drive?

How many miles have people done after the orange fuel light has come on for the firat time?

I dont know how far you can go, but Ive been about 20miles in when the light appeared, I dont beleave youll be able to push it much further.

mmmm dont really want to find out either. especially after running out of petrol in my girlfriends car, she said it'll be alright i'll keep going, and we had already done 50 miles in the red, she didnt believe me and guess what. hahaha 2 am and were waiting for petrol. Women ah!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links