Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattly Noise

dawolf

Hi all, got back from my week in Devon today. Anyway, whilst down there my engine seemed to be making a worrying rattly noise at 3-4000rpm, I thought it may be overheating but the temp was normal and it wasn't losing any coolant or oil. Went to a garage and they had a quick look, they said the noise is coming from the downpipe/exhaust heatshield area. They didn't have much spare time so they just tightened it all up for me. Well the noise is still quite bad to be honest, is it a case of a new downpipe or what? How much is it likely to be? Cheers.

that kidna noise is usually the heatshield, no sure where it is on the NA but i get it on mine when the engine has become overheated (sat in traffic etc.)

mine is loose..the shield directily in the middle of the engine bay...behind where the centre console is ..if that helps any way??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links