Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Font Valance Price Got To Be A Joke !

Bazrazmataz

hi

Ill just set the scene, today i drove to collect my new car a 95 3.0 auto NA Supra. On arrival i found that none of the list of jobs i had asked to be done bar one had been carried out. Fuming i contiued to inspect the car.

When i first thrashed the deal out the car had a horrible aftermarket front valance stuck on I requested it to be removed. This had been done. The car is now left without a valance and looks terrible , plus its missing the grill in the bumper that goes under the numberplate.

I went to toyota dealer armed with my model and body number, asking for a plastic front valance i was then informed that i needed part number *76851-14060- listed as cover, front spoiler @ 261.54

Is this a joke !!!!!! a piece of plastic ! this is what i would expect to pay for a full aftermarket fiberglass bumper !!!

To top it all off no conversion or delimiting of my speedo is done ? Is this a difficult job to do yourself ??

Welcome to toyota prices!!! now you know why you see so many mk3s with manky front valances!!

try www.findapart.com :thumbsup: Nothing wrong with second hand parts... especially at supra prices!

Welcome to toyota prices!!! now you know why you see so many mk3s with manky front valances!!

try www.findapart.com  :thumbsup:  Nothing wrong with second hand parts... especially at supra prices!

so it really is true that a long bit of grey plastic is 260 quid ! If thats the case how much would a bumper be !

You don't want to know!!

Apparently for a soarer its £1500!!!!!

there was a mk4 front active valance on eBay a bit back. might still be there!

No, there was a "proper" one somewhere.. probably removed to fit tat like that :P

-although that one is not so bad...

All i want is the bog standard plastic one ive a feeling this is going to take a while to track one down

I'll keep an eye for you on the valance, although for that price I'd consider looking into an aftermarket bumper.

I don't have much experience with speedo conversions but I get the feeling you's get what you pay for. There are conversions that will convert the speedo but not much else. It may be worth asking wether it'll change the odometer and also the speed sensors for the active PAS and cruise control if you have it.

Yep, Toyota parts are too damn expensive!!

Cheers mate

Im not really looking for a aftermarket look im going for a standard look there is no way i could afford one at that price and feel there is no justification in charging so much for a lump of plastic. I though VW were a rip when i paid 60 quid for a rear valance for a golf . Ive submitted requests to all the breakers online not too optomistic tho.

As for the guages im gonna pay for it to be pro done not got cruise control tho might give Envy a call as they are local to me!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links