Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Canadian 89 Corolla Closes In On 1 Million

toyotainnascarin04

A lady in edmonton, has a 1989 Toyota Corolla that she bough brand new. and its currenly showing 986,000 km's. the only problems on it were the tierod ends had to be replaced at 830,000 the tranny at 900,000 and the rad at 800,000 besdies that reg service there was a article in the paper about it. The toyota dealer in edmonton is going to make an even trade with her. they want the car before it turns over 1 million cause it will all go back to 0, and they will give her a brand new corolla for her 89. the dealer wants to paint it and place it in the show room. just goes to show how good toyota cars really are. :thumbsup:

I would keep the 1 mil car just to have the car that's done a mil, she could easily make some money from toyota by letting them use the car for shows etc and get the hire costs, roylties and use of the hire car from toyota while it was away, plus agree regular free services for them to keep using it....

Just my greedy mind I guess :) :) :)

i guess you could do that byut after 1 million km's in the same car... i think a change is in order :P

works out at 625000 miles not a figure to be sneezed at

:eek:

i thought mine was getting on at 165000 but obviously not

B)

yeah... and she only goes to the shops and back in it.

Bit like that only fools and horses epsiode where trigger says he's had the same broom for 14 years, its had 17 heads and 16 handles..........

:lol::lol::lol:

yeah... and she only goes to the shops and back in it.

Bit like that only fools and horses epsiode where trigger says he's had the same broom for 14 years, its had 17 heads and 16 handles..........

:lol::lol::lol:

how much shopping does the old dear do !!!

lol @ trigger, nice one dave....

Hi everybody!

We have a guy here in Belgrade who is doing 600.000 km and still driving 1990. Japanese Toyota Corrola with small 1.3 2E engine. He only replaced head gasket and valve seals at 500.000 km. Other than that - only a regular maintenance. It's a record here. For first 12 years of driving he had an original toyota cooling fluid in the system!! What a guy!

regards,

Ivan :thumbsup:

• 6 years later...

A lady in edmonton, has a 1989 Toyota Corolla that she bough brand new. and its currenly showing 986,000 km's. the only problems on it were the tierod ends had to be replaced at 830,000 the tranny at 900,000 and the rad at 800,000 besdies that reg service there was a article in the paper about it. The toyota dealer in edmonton is going to make an even trade with her. they want the car before it turns over 1 million cause it will all go back to 0, and they will give her a brand new corolla for her 89. the dealer wants to paint it and place it in the show room. just goes to show how good toyota cars really are. :thumbsup:

I JUST SOLD MY '95 TACOMA, 4WD. IT HAD 235,000 MILES. THAT POOR THING WAS TIRED. WENT THRU TWO RADIATORS, GASKET, EXHAUST MANIFOLD, BUT THAT IS ALL.

SEMI ROUTINE MAINTENANCE. NOT SURE BECAUSE IVE DRIVEN IT FOR 3 YEARS.

WE BOUGHT IT BRAND NEW AND IT HAS BEEN THRU EVERY MEMBER OF MY FAMILY (4). AND OF COURSE WHEN I GET IT IT DIES LOL...WELL DIDNT DIE. NEEDED A NEW STARTER...WAS TIRED OF MESSING WITH IT AND NEEDED A MORE RELIABLE VEHICLE FOR COMMUTE. SOLD MY FIRST CAR, MY BABY FOR 1,000. AND I CRIED LOL.

STILL A TOYOTA FAN AND WILL PROBABLY ALWAYS HAVE ONE! RIGHT NOW IM LOOKING AT AN 04 COROLLA. :) YEE. YOU JUST WATCH, IMA MAKE IT TO 999,999.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links