Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New 2nd Hand T Sport

T Sport 1978

Hello guys and girls.

I am a newbie here but have been an avid fan for the past month or so regularly checking up on topics regarding Corolla and in particular, the T Sport!

Well, i have just picked mine up today... a bargain 03 reg (19k on clock) 5dr in Thunder Grey in immaculate condition. Not one door scuff or scratch was found after my initial inspection, i knew then that i had to have this car. :thumbsup:

I have just spent 4 hours driving it because i couldnt put it down!!! haha.

All in all i found the car GREAT fun to drive and the performance is better than what i had read in some negative press. And oh of course the LIFT is something devine. This car is the easiest i have found to do Heel-and-toe with as the footwell is spacious and accomdating, coupled with this little trick i found the Corolla a very responsive and assuring drive.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to announce myself and incase there is any initiation to be part of this great community. :D

Nice choice of car! Hav you always been a toyota guy or just a recent change? just wondering what exactly is a Heel-and-toe?

Cheers

Welcome to the club! Yup, Thunder Grey is a nice colour :thumbsup:

Your mission now is to turn up to some of the southern meets so that I am not the only one there with a CTS. You'd think it was a rare car :D

Paul.

I have been a Toyota guy since i was about 4 yrs old when my old man had an old TERCEL. Dont know why but i liked its style back then and from then on, i have always admired the Celica's and Supras. However, this is my first Toyota and what a start it is! :D

Previous to this, i have had 2 Renault (New Clio and new Megane) and i can say i will never buy French again.

Heel & Toe is a technique where you gain a higher level of control of your car through turns or just for a smoother engine breaking.

It is mate and i think its the best one for the TS. I was luck to find one in such good nick and that color.

Where do they take place? You're the only one with the TS? you're kidding right?

But i must say i have never seen a 5dr TS on the road!

great choice !

corolla tsport in london are a rare species.

great choice !

corolla tsport in london are a rare species.

I wonder why that is? They are good town cars as their dimensions are reasonably small and i think they have (despite what press nags about) enough low torque to drive round town in.

I wonder why that is?  They are good town cars as their dimensions are reasonably small and i think they have (despite what press nags about) enough low torque to drive round town in.

I guess Honda has won the glamour battle with the CTR, which probably attracts more aspiring street racers. Plus you get more comfort and safety goodies and a more reasonable ride with the Corolla, which seems properly unfashionable these days :wacko:

And, erring on the side of low insurance, Toyota performance figures are a bit of an underestimate.

Get yourself down to the Reading Jap meets every Tuesday first or second week in the month. Bibbs normally posts a reminder in the South East meets forum. There are some pretty good cars turning up and usually several TOC regulars.

Paul.

I guess Honda has won the glamour battle with the CTR, which probably attracts more aspiring street racers.

if people in london want glamour aspiring street racers they will go buy a M3.

when you driving around london you'll know for hatchback it is the golf ,clio ,focus,punto,audi a3 and saxo teritory thats what londoner's goes for because they are cheaper to buy they have more new and used car to choose from also there parts are easyly available, this is why the corolla and tsport are rare in london .

Hiya,

Sounds like a great motor you got there, not a bad mileage either for an 03 plate.

Enjoy her :thumbsup:

Blue

Hiya,

Sounds like a great motor you got there, not a bad mileage either for an 03 plate.

Enjoy her  :thumbsup:

Blue

I've had it for 4 days now and i am still too excited about the whole thing. :P

I am sorry for sounding like i condone fast driving, but i have toasted so many cars in the past few days i cant remember... But driving fast asides, its very easy to drive and surprisingly frugal too. I am enjoying the whole experience so far! :thumbsup:

Does anyone here have a bad word to say about the T Sport?

Does anyone here have a bad word to say about the T Sport?

Yes, I do! It is ADDICTIVE! Watch out... :)

I take that as a no then. :P

OK... My sample is reg on DEC03 and i dont seem to be getting any of the rattles or light dimming problems that i have read elsewhere. Fingers crossed i will be ok with mine... But seriously, it would be good to know of what to look out for? If anyone could shed some light on possible problems it would be appreciated.

For example, i read that T Sport needs and should have oil change every 5000 miles rather that the 10000, how true would you guys say this is?

Also, if you are in the "lift" alot does this consume oil and meaning that you need to top up?

Any advise would be appreciated.

sorry to sound thick but what is the lift? I'm guess its a kina v-tec thing right? Also what power and cc is the motor in it?

Thanks

sorry to sound thick but what is the lift? I'm guess its a kina v-tec thing right? Also what power and cc is the motor in it?

Thanks

hello mate,

The lift is when the engine kicks in at 6200rpm where it uses a higher cam profile and makes the valves moves deeper and overlaps more and kicks out an extra something like 49hp. This ends at about 8200 rpm.

The engine is 1796cc and 189bhp.

Thanks

hello mate,

The lift is when the engine kicks in at 6200rpm where it uses a higher cam profile and makes the valves moves deeper and overlaps more and kicks out an extra something like 49hp. This ends at about 8200 rpm.

V-TEC then!!!

still decent power though

Thanks

hello mate,

V-TEC then!!!

still decent power though

Must admit. You need to work to get to that power...

But boy - it's worth it!!!!!! :D

But boy - it's worth it!!!!!! :D

Oh yeah... When i test drove it the first time i knew then it was MY car. :)

Have you managed to shift up and keep it on the Lift?

Nice Celica you got there Spuff.

Thunder Gray is THE colour.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links