Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3-door Rav4

Ziggy

I seem to be having a problem when I tumble my back seats forward, so they lock behind the front seats. :help:

When I unfold them again, there is an imprint on the driver's side headrest where it's obviously been pushed up against something.

When I look through from the back door, and look at the metal runners the front seats slide backwards and forwards on - there are 2 nice grey plastic covers on the passenger side, but only 1 cover on the drivers side. The door side is there but there's no cover on the side nearest the handbrake. It must be the bare metal runner that's marking the headrest.

I've been back to the dealer I got the RAV from, and they say they are all like that !! I can't believe Toyota would fit 3 and not 4 covers - it just looks really odd.

Could any other 3-door owners take a look at theirs for me, and see if they do all have one missing - or is it just mine ?

Many thanks folks

Sorry - I have a 5 door so can't look - used to get a similar thing on my old 3 dr - left imprint of ribbed floor mat on headrest - I used to remove them to avoid it if I was folding them for more than an hour.

Are your fully lowered before you tumble the seats ?

Just thought of something else too - do your rear seats slide like the 5dr ones - if so perhaps they need sliding back before tumbling ... ?

Just thought of something else too - do your rear seats slide like the 5dr ones - if so perhaps they need sliding back before tumbling ... ?

Just has a quick look on mine sounds like your seat runner covers are missing mine are on both sides

:bye:

Just checked my dads 2000 3rd NV and that has covers over all the seat runner rails.

I have 4 covers , mines a XT3 also :)

Give me a shout ,if you need a photo to prove the point to them :rolleyes: .

Also mate make sure when you are tumbleing your seats that you push your headrests on the back seats right down, because when the seats are tumbled in my dads the headrests dont even touch the floor. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links