Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Player Fo Yaris And Tape Still Working

svarionman

Hi have a Yaris 1.0 (2001) with original radio and tape player. Now i want to put a cd/mp3 player in the place that there is under the tape player. Is it easy to do? Is it possible to keep the tape player in function and manage the three functions

(radio (orignal), tape (original) and cd player (new)) with the three original buttons on the right of the original screen? Thanks

Welcome to the club

It's easy enough to put the cd player in, check the how to's at the top of the main yaris page.

I'm also sure you would be able to wire them up, but I don't know whether it would work. You would just have to cut into each of the wires and share them between both players.

In the end it would probably be easier to buy a cd and tape player together, and buy the plastic surround from toyota, so you don't still have the original buttons there.

How come your wanting to keep the tape player function?

Because i have a lot of tape and i wish to continue to listen them in the car...I've look at

the tutorials and i have a few questions: so the easiest way to put a cd player is to take the wire from the original tape player and to link it to the new cd player (so in this way the tape won't function)?

I need a special wire to link the yaris wire to the new cd player?

so the easiest way to put a cd player is to take the wire from the original tape player and to link it to the new cd player (so in this way the tape won't function)?

Correct! :thumbsup:

I need a special wire to link the yaris wire to the new cd player?

Also, correct! We call it an autoleads adapter in this country, the part number is somewhere on this forum though. :)

Why don't you install a CD changer in your glovebox or under the front seats?

Then you have the best of both worlds and can switch between functions using the normal tape deck?

If you do a search for "changer connects" and my username then its the first or second link that appears.

A

Why don't you install a CD changer in your glovebox or under the front seats?

Then you have the best of both worlds and can switch between functions using the normal tape deck?

If you do a search for "changer connects" and my username then its the first or second link that appears.

A

And in this way you're able to command the cd changer from the original buttons under the tape player?

I will buy a cd/mp3 player, so it will be nice to see the name of the song and artist on the screen, and it's not possible to see this on the original toyota screen...

If i put this extra cd player, if i want to listen to the radio i have to use the original toyota one (or if i want i have to link the antenna with the new player), is this correct?

You'll be able to listen to the radio through your new CD/MP3 player, it'll probably be a better radio anyway! :thumbsup:

You'll be able to listen to the radio through your new CD/MP3 player, it'll probably be a better radio anyway! :thumbsup:

So even the original toyota screen with hours, temperature and avarage speed will not be working?

So even the original toyota screen with hours, temperature and avarage speed will not be working?

That screen still works, you will still be able to see your time and average miles, and temp.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links