Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noise T-sport

DICKENS

:yes: Thanks for the response. Took it back and had a Toyota Technician take it out. Answer; its the ABS pump priming when sensing movement. It is common to all latest models with ABS. Heres to a) another 500 miles running in and B) finding those mullet wearing Civic Type-R drivers to flash out of the way

I would not get to optomistic with the R type ... they are a bit too fast... ok unless you are on a wet track doing a standing start :) . Anyway its more satisfying with BMW (i would not take on 3.0l and above though unless you want to loose)

I've only just got it, give me a least a fighting chance. And if I lose... Well they are all still mullets.

If the guys in the type r's can drive they will out corner you as well.Even with the car lowered. :censor: :censor: :censor: sods!!!

if they can drive and shift as well as you, you are out... but with wider tires and skill, you can beat them... difference is not that big

I've only just got it, give me a least a fighting chance. And if I lose... Well they are all still mullets.

"Mullets" ? Err, who's the muppet wanting to flash civic type R's out the way? Got something against them?

Keep it on the track.

(Mullets) I think not..... :lol::lol:

Since selling my Yaris T-Sport, I find myself having little run in`s with (not been rude to the Yaris) but cars that are a little more serious. Don’t get me wrong I don’t drive my Corolla flat everywhere, but every now and then it just so happens you get involved in a little “I can keep up with you game” with another quick car. My favourite till this day was a little duel with a Civic Type-R, which I can only say was very close and very good fun. And at the end of the run the Civic driver indicated to pull over which we both did and spent another 30 mins chatting. What a top bloke, he new his cars and was very clued up on the performance of both the Civic and the Corolla, he told me that considered buying the Corolla but the Civic was just more hardcore. Don’t get me wrong there are some prats out there but I really feel most people that drive cars such as the CTS and the CTR are true enthusiasts. :thumbsup:

Nick

if they can drive and shift as well as you, you are out... but with wider tires and skill, you can beat them... difference is not that big

The difference is a whole 2 seconds

Type-R 6.4 - 0-62 mph

Toyota 8.4 - 0-62 mph

I make that quite a bit of a difference, mind you it's safer for all the child seats in the back of the toyota.

The car in front, isn't a toyota! :D

I trying really hard to understand why every time people talk about the performance of the Civic & Corolla they feel the need to write down the 0-62 times. Yes I do understand and probably as do the whole entire Toyota Owner Club that the Civic Type R is a quicker piece of machinery. I doubt anyone here would object to that, what I would like to say, is that everyone here that owns a Corolla has properly considered a CTR on their way to buying their Corolla and for some reason or another have opted in favour of the Toyota. You have to understand the Civic may not always meet everyone’s requirements. Like I said in the last post it a lot more hardcore. But I certainty don’t consider the CTR in a different league, some people may disagree. Coincidence or not but the owners I have spoken to that have CTR`s also agree with what I am saying,

Nick :thumbsup:

The difference is a whole 2 seconds

Type-R 6.4 - 0-62 mph

Toyota 8.4 - 0-62 mph

I make that quite a bit of a difference, mind you it's safer for all the child seats in the back of the toyota.

The car in front, isn't a toyota! :D

But Toyota´s 0-60 @ 8.4 seconds isn´t right. It´s faster. I clocked mine and all magazines that i read says it´s faster than that. But it is not as fast as the CTR @ 6.4 secs however.

But like Nick Johnson says these cars is in different leagues. I think the CTS is more comfortable and has more luxurious.

I looked at the type r before buying my Cts.Yes it was a little faster it handled a little better

but my gf pointed out that it didnt feel like a 16000 car.A bit rattly in the back and too noisy to take on a long journey oh and no a/c and other bits!!!

I have full leather in mine and when you get in it feels like money well spent and its fast enough to enjoy driving

Remember "YOU PAYS UR MONEY AND MAKES UR CHOICE!!!!"

I was just recentley in the market for a new car and i drove the CTR,CTS,FOCUS ST170,ALFA 147 2.0 LUSSO and a LEXUS IS200.

The CTR is one of the fastest cars iv ever driven but it had no where near the build qulity of the toyota if all you want a car for is to go fast then thats the one you buy but personally i think it was uncomftable, noisy, and not that praticle.

I bought a lexus IS200 SE in the end its qwick enough and it looks the bo :censor: cks.

well thats my opion.

RJR

I looked at the type r before buying my Cts.Yes it was a little faster it handled a little better

but my gf pointed out that it didnt feel like a 16000 car.A bit rattly in the back and too noisy to take on a long journey oh and no a/c and other bits!!!

I have full leather in mine and when you get in it feels like money well spent and its fast enough to enjoy driving

Remember "YOU PAYS UR MONEY AND MAKES UR CHOICE!!!!"

A/C is an option, fair enough an expensive one.

£16k cars dont usually feel like quality cars compared to BMWs/Mercs etc.

Excuses saying its too bumpy etc are a little strange because handling has always been a compromise to comfort. You dont generally get both in any car and that includes Ferrari's ;)

When you buy a CTR, your buying a well engineered car with excellant gear box, engine and chassis and this is where the money goes. Not comfort items that arent really necessary.

The argument saying that Toyota's 0-62 time isnt correct. If they lied drastically over this for insurance grouping etc that would be fraud on there behalf, so this will be the average timing. Baring inmind the long term Autoexpress car was just recently timed doing 5.9 secs and low 15's to 100 could also lead to CTR owners saying that there manufacture's figures are also marked up higher, but i dont know anyone guys with CTRs using this excuse ;)

End of the day we choose what car we want for our own reasons. Both are good cars...but this 'mullet wearing' lark is a bit max flower muppet like attitude that gives drivers a bad name.

The argument saying that Toyota's 0-62 time isnt correct. If they lied drastically over this for insurance grouping etc that would be fraud on there behalf,

As i understand it the insurance groups are made up but the insurers, not the car company. thats why same car can have very different insurance with different companys the companys adjust the group as to the type of people who drive them the chance of an accident etc. The 0-60 is totaly wrong not every car mag can be wrong. My own theroy is to justify the price of the celica...

Hi Guys

If you want to see how the two cars compare together why dont we organise a meet you and us http://www.type-r.org

I am sure that if some of you have not been in a CTR then this would be your chance and visa versa.

I actually have both the auto express write up and the driven episode which both put the CTR versus the T-Sport.

After both of those I chose the CTR

for the record Honda did understate the 0-62 time as do all car manufacturers.

cheers

Stanford

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links