Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My '86 Gt-s

Kaldonis

Hey all... I recently stumbled upon these forums and thought I'd throw out a question to you guys regarding my '86 Celica GT-S... I've got the 3SGE engine. I was wondering what some good performance mods are I could do, preferably the cheapest ones (although I'd like a list of all possible mods). The engine was rebuilt about 6 months ago and I regret not getting higher performance parts put in... So yeah - anything you guys could suggest for me would be great. Maybe even some things I could do myself. Thanks.

- Kaldonis

The 3S-GE being an NA there really isdn't too much you can do apart from the basics without spending a lot of money.

The obvious ones are Induction Kit (Apexi seems to be flavour of the month), Exhaust (mongoose is good for mr2 so slightly different although same engine), head gasket....

Unchip is a good mod and around £380 for the NA and after that it gets sily money although would love to do the throttle bodies on my 2....

yeh there isnt a whole lot to do besides the basics, so im actually planing on doing an engine conversion to the

:D 3S-GTE

Nitros Oxide is the biggest way to get power to a 3S-GE.

Many 3SGE owners have done this.

Kits start from as little as £150, and can give you a good 75-100bhp.

Fair enough its not a constant power source but then again your not going to always need it.

The only problems with NOS is it shortens your engines life, and it needs to be fitted correctly and checked regularly to avoid it becoming a safety hazard.

BOOM :lol:

Ther's no way I would consider installing NoS to mine without strengthening the engine first....

Ther's no way I would consider installing NoS to mine without strengthening the engine first....

and fixing that caliper too eh Ryan ;)

About doing a 3S-GTE conversion, is there some resource material available on how to do this? Where do you get the turbo from?

- Jeremy

The 3S-GTE engine is in the Cleica's and MR2 Turbo's and already has a Turbo on it. The engine mounts are exactly the same so you can pretty much do a straight swap although will also need wiring looms, ECU changedd etc....

It's not the same as sticking a Turbo on the 3S-GE, I believe the 3S-GTE is a stranger engine than the 3S-GE as well.

I knew about the 3S-GTE being in the mr2's etc but I thought he was talking about actually changing the 3S-GE into one without doing a complete engine swap. Those 3S-GTE's go for insane prices, I've been trying to find an MR2 or similar in a salvage yard somewhere with an engine in not so bad shape.

UNfortunately a lot of people seem to be doing 3S-GTE conversions or replacing dead engines so they appear to be in relatively short supply, I know Fensport who are normally a good place to contact do not have any in stock so it'sjusta matter of hunting around until you find one I'm afraid, a complete engine swap would be a lot safer than trying to put a turbo on a 3S-GE.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links