Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shedding Some (blue) Light On The Subject!

mabean

Oh my god! If you can avoid it, avoid changing your main bulbs in yer Yaris, mine were a complete bugger today, changed from the standard Osrams that came with the car to Osram "Cool Blue's B) - they give much better light especially where I live when as soon as you get out of town it's pitch dark.

Anyways, I think Mr T employs the guys from "land of the Giants" in his factories coz the room to get in; especially on the passenger side - the gap is tiny! The main problem with the passenger side (In the GS anyways - has the T-sport etc got a much different layout?) is that the fuse box is about 2 inches behind where the bulb is. Beside that is the damn Battery!

Anyways, half an hour later I and my mate managed to get them in with minimal loss of blood and a couple of Tetanus jabs :lol: They look cool when on but what I wanna know is - Can this be done any simpler - would I have been better to have taken the fuse box off? Has anyone taken the fusebox off and managed to get it back on? I cant wait to grab a copy of the Haynes manual!

I swapped mine about a month ago to blue ones and they look so much better :thumbsup:

I also had the same problem ........ Mr T must employ Umper Lumpers :lol: !

I changed my head lights to cool blues on my previous car but I wouldn't do it again.

I found they were great if there's signs / cats eyes...road markings and the like as they show up so much better...but out on the country roads I thought they were less than average, so I changed em back

The Yaris engine bay though is a great design! tis only a small hole to put a lot of stuff in...but aye not alot of room to get ya porkies in.

vipes

the only trouble i had was with the passenger side bulb, right mission i tell u!! the angel on it made it very difficult to twist it out, i could never get a grip on it!, resorted in a rover kitchen glove

i looked like a right wierdo, yellow washing up glove :lol:

the angel on it made it very difficult to twist it out, i could never get a grip on it!,

Was that the Demonic Angel?? ;) :D

the angel on it made it very difficult to twist it out, i could never get a grip on it!,

Was that the Demonic Angel?? ;) :D

:lol::lol:

Nahh I'm not difficult to twist and I'm very gripping! :lol::lol:

Tried 100s (which were good) but got scared on here with horror stories of melting wiring looms and swapped to zenons...

Easiest thing to do is the drivers side first to perfect the technique then the passenger .. oh and dont do it after the lights have been on for a while without waiting a while - the terminals get a tad hot!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links