Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Scraping Sound Front Passenger

cookci

Basically im getting a scraping sound that gets quieter as i go faster.

Ive replaced the brakes as they were worn and its still there. It only does it when im free wheeling or braking... even the lightest touch of the accerlator gets rid of the noise... any suggestions?

theres no play in the wheel and when i jack it up and spin the wheel theres no noises! :ffs:

Stab in the dark time... :D  Have you checked the handbrake shoes and cables?  :unsure:

cheers for the reply

i had the disk off and couldn't find anything. Greesed a few bits up and put it back and no change to the sound so its no that :(

when you roll forward is it scrape ...silent ...scrape ..silent or continuous scrape?...at really low speed? and does it go away when you steer hard left or right?...again at low rolling speed?

or...

stab in the dark #2 ... had the wire clip on the front caliper come loose on me ... only scraped at low speed and looked fine until i took it off...it was bent back on one end ...dodgy brake fit by garage ...replaced with new ...noise vanished

also ... is it quiet noise or " holy $$$$ thats broken "

the noise goes when i turn left but doesnt change turning right. It goes scrape silent... scrape silent :D

its a holy $$$$ thats broken kinda noise but only at lowerish speeds it gets quieter and quicker as u go faster until u get to say 50mph when u can barely hear it. It sounds more like a creak when u go very very slow i.e. 1-2mph

ok i think it was because my hub nut was overtightened as when i have retorqued it too the correct setting the noise has gone however now its working its way loose... any ideas how to stop it doing this? Threadlock?

thanks for replies

christian

• 2 months later...

Scraping Sound Front Passenger

hiya

mines doing the same.. 92 celica 2.0 gti

scrape silent scrape silent..

fine when turning left. & just the front passenger wheel.

the brakes are being changed on sunday so hoping it cures the prob.

it started doing it after i'd braked suddenly last week.

:( :( :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links