Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ahem, Matt!

riko666

if your gona go for a rwd car why not just go for the supra?? Thats my theory?!?!!! lol

And in anycase all ex-paseotarians eventually come back and see the light!!!

lol

Its so true matt, I was all for selling up then changed my mind. I am so tempted to buy his paseo, swap all my stuff onto that one and then sell mine, very very tempting....

Rich

paseos: very slow with a soft suspension for a decent ride. very little power capability. note, his said a 5.5x sec 0-60 on 165hp and that's about as good as he'll get

Supras: very heavy, very powerful, but not the most nimble of cars. has the potential to turn out a sh*t ton of power, but better like a wide mother and a load of taxes.

MR2s: light, spritely, powerful, still a good potential for excelent power, while being balanced with mid-mounted engine to take corners like neither of the previous cars.

SW20>>>>>>>Paseo

um devlin, he could get a lot more out of it if he wanted...and you know its true dude, seriously. there were at least two people on pimp that got 290hp + (jaime and that rdmfan whatever), and matt barely did anything to the 4efte, he just had a fmic and some other tidbits. and think about it for a sec...the newest honda civic type-r has 197bhp, and goes 0-60 in more than a second on top of the paseo, 6.7secs, thats the revised model with shorter gearing and lighter flywheel...

sw20 isn't great, handling was only ever good on the rev3 versions, otherwise the aw11 remains a much better handler...the zzw30 is a very good handling machine too, but lacks finesse to its controls. mind you, front wheel drives have their limits for handling, but the paseo isn't horrible...ive driven a few worse cars, and ive only probably driven 10 different cars in my life...

Riko i think Rdmfan was running the 4agte silvertop mate, not the 4efte.

but Jacky from xracing i think pushed his FTE 1st gen paseo to nearly 400bhp..

& as discussed in another thread, if you change the engine to the 3sgte - athough the power increases the new weight distribution would kill the paseo..

J

its oh so easy to pluck figures out of the air. My Sera now develops 802bhp. What you need is proof.

actually it was jaime with the 4agze. rdm did have the 4efte, but he put a 5efhe head on it and neither of them spent less than $5k. just working with the 3sgte you can make 500+ hp, no need to swap, just buy a big turbo, port a bit, and forge the internals. altogether, probably less than half of what you'd spend getting the paseo to that limit. plus, they're almost the same weight.

the suspension on the mr2 aside, the fact that it's mid-engined means it's infinitely more stable and weight-balanced than the paseo or supra. it's just physics. Riko, i think you take it personally when i say bad things about the paseo. don't get me wrong, it's a fine car, but for drivers like me, it's just a beginner's car.

If I had the space then I probably would have kept my Paseo as well as the MR2, the seo is so economical and easy to drive and handles really well. But, I just love the styling of the MR2, its so sexy. As for the Supra, yep its awesome but a totally different type of car, and the fuel and servicing cost aint for me. I would reccomend a seo to anyone really. At least us traitors are sticking with Toyotas!

I understand what you're both saying. But at the end of the day you can make a fine handling car from them you just have to spend the money to do it. Remember Dev your car started life as a standard Seo then they cut the roof off! It's much more difficult to put the rigidity back into a car that is not designed from the drawing board up as a roadster. I've now reached the point of s :censor:t or bust with mine. I suppose I could go out and buy something for a reasonable price straight from the forcourt but after spending so much, I may as well go for the conversion option as the handling is too good for the power it has, and yes it will outbrake a Gen 7 Celica into a roundabout and go round it in a tighter line. And no, don't ask me how I know this :P :ph34r:

The biggest attraction is the rarity of them to me :thumbsup:

Thats what attracted it to me in the first place, went to look at a 100NX in 2003, saw the seo and thought, rarer, better built, better looking so bought it. But I always find I get fed up after 2 or 3 years and need a change! Then again if mine was like DazHs car I would carry on as its sooo cool. The seo introduced me to Toyotas and has opened my eyes to a make I always dismissed before.

hah dev, didn't mean to be pissy, its just that everywhere, all the time, you're just talking down on the paseo, and whilst its built down to a cost and hence, not the most exciting car ever, it still is great and unique-ish...i dont really take it personally but you just down it all the time! ah well. and yeah, i know the mr2 is more balanced bla bla bla

anywhoo....we're straying off, mr. matt has some explaining to do!!

oh, and to bluepaseo, i was considering a mazda 323 lantis (the 5 door " sportback " semi-developed with porsche, who helped on the design, chassis and engine...) but couldn't find any nearby so got the paseo instead :P

i know, like i SAID in that post, it's a fine car. I just get tired of trying my ***** off for 6 years to get any sort of decent power out of a 1.5L. I mean, my brother's 1.6L honda with just an intake is quicker than my modded to hell 'seo :( i know it was chopped, and i know it's not rigid, or likely to become that way, so i've not tried any suspension work (save a $20 strut bar). belieeeeeve me, i know how this car rattles!!!

I just like the looks of the SW20. so mean, so aggressive.

meh, s'aight...i've always wanted a aw11 though...actually would've wanted it as a first car but insurance thought otherwise...

MATT, where are you?!?!

Blimey everyone's having a crack at this thread! :D

Can't believe that's being sold – hope it goes to a good home. I never thought the Seo handled at all well to be honest – but then it all depends on how you get it set-up and which bits and pieces you use I guess...

Btw: Is it really that quick? 5.5 to 60? :huh:

its the 2nd time he's tried selling it, first was on eBay, then changed his mind....seems to have changed it again :P

meh, tisn't a great handler, but its a " safe " handling car, shame the ride isn't great either..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links