Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Tyres

Starensis

Looking to buy 2 new tyres for my 2001 Avensis.

Currently have Michelin energy fitted & have done 45,000 miles on original set.

Looking through web sites, I have found a site which rates most tyres over many categories.

Best ones I've found for overall rating & durability are Hankook & Pneumant. Anyone had any dealings with these 2 Manufacturers tyres??

Both brands are cheaper than Michelin & Bridgestone & are rated better. Dunlop SP 300E's do come close, but are £10 per tyre more expensive.

<_<

I had mine replaced with Dunlop Sport 01's, they were Ultra-quiet and did pretty well in the autoexpress tyre reviews a few months ago, I think I paid around £51 each fitted at Toyota, I would buy them again but they don't do them to fit my Camry.

Always found www.mytyres to be among the best for price.

Usually recommend Goodyear F1's or Toyo Proxies although maybe a little ott for an avensis...

Usually recommend Goodyear F1's or Toyo Proxies although maybe a little ott for an avensis...

I use www.blackcircles.com

good service, wide choice, and gives you info about the tyres too...

I use www.blackcircles.com

good service, wide choice, and gives you info about the tyres too...

Well guys.

I had the Bridgestone turanza ER30 lasted for 65.000km dont know how much is this in miles.

Now im going to fit the Bridgestone ER300 that are much better and already run flat for about 450€

By the tests a read thise tyres are very good the come to replace the RE720

Bridgestones do do well in the ratings, however, they are beaten by Pneumant & Hankook.

Both are better for grip & durability, according to one of the sites ( can't remember which one I used).

My wallet is telling me to go for the Hankook, my head says Bridgestones.

:help:

I have been through most of the sites mentioned & the one I used seemed to be the cheapest.

For the record ( 0 = Best, 5= worst ), Bridgestone Turanza ER300 score 2.7 for wear & 2.2 overall. Hankook score 2.4 & 2.0, Pneumant 1.8 & 2.1 respectively.

Pneumant score best & cost £38.50 each, Bridgestones cost £51.40 each.

What do I do?? Anyone used Pneumant tyres before??

I have "barums"fitted to the rear of my avensis and they wear well and grip well in the wet. You can get good deals on these from the likes of National tyres. I paid £86 all in for two.My tyre dealer said they are a good compromise between something like a michelin energy and the lower end of the scale. He says a lot of taxis use them so they can't be bad. I can't say what they are like on the front though, but i'll give them a try next time round.

Never heard of them!

I'm keen on these Pneumant's though. May give National a call & find out if the ones you mentioned are better than the ones I'm swaying towards.

Anyone know of any other sites who rate tyres??

Thanks for your replies....

I can recommend the Toyo Proxies CF1's from mytyres.co.uk :thumbsup:

Just fitted a set of four to mine and are excellent in the wet and dry..... they're not as expensive compared with the likes of bridgestones etc but are just as good, if not better......

I used to have conti premium contact on all 4 wheels but changed the front 2 last month after 1 year and about 15,000 miles - they did not last long due to the soft compound but had a fantastic amount of grip in all conditions.

I went for the nexen tyres from blackcircles, who at first sent the wrong size tyres to the garage. I have to say they are pretty useless and have alot less grip then the conti's. If I were keeping my current car for longer then I would have opted for more expensive tyres - now I wish I had spent a little bit more!!

Hi There

I use Michelens on mine, reliable quiet and good economy

As for Pneumats, they were original fitment on my MZ motorbike of 26 years ago. The rest of the bike is now well knackered, but the tyres are as good as new - that is they offer no grip, slide at the mention of moisture, but have yet to wear even 1mm

Best of luck

Cheers

Bazzer

Thanks all.......I'm totally confused now! :ffs:

I may stick with the Michelin Energy as they score highly. Will look at the Toyo proxies.

Garage local to me has recommended a Swedish make called Gislaved. Never heard of them before but have found their website.

I'm thinking.....Swedish, Snow, Cold, Grip! May not be that bad.

Also recommended Tigar as an alternative budget tyre. Not keen on budgets as they will be on the main family car so need some confidence in the tyres.

So in summary, It's Michelins........if the proxies don't compete.

:thumbsup:

Found out some info on the Tigar tyres......

They are manufactured in Eastern Europe & are now in the process of being taken over by Michelin. They must rate them to take such drastic steps!!

Found a site which rates most tyre brands & the Tigar score VERY highly in every segment.

I've been quoted £39.50 each, fully fitted.

I think they look a good proposition now!

I am looking for some winter 205 16's for my Avensis.

Do you have any information about this two types? :

*DUNLOP SP Winter Sport M3 (or D3)

*Good Year UG7

• 2 weeks later...

I eventually opted for Bridgestone Potenza E 720's. They rate highly ( not as high as Michelin's ) & cost £20 each less.

Be careful when using these sites, they do alter prices quite regular. I used Pneus to purchase the Bridgestones & they were £48 each. Two days later they had gone up to £52!!

Used Mytyres in the end & got them for £48.

Try this site.....

http://www.tyretest.com

Thank you for the information.

Finally i stayed with Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 205/55 R16 91H, and the factory 16 Sasceo alloys.

I am using Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 in quite extreme conditions here in Central & Eastern Europe. Really good tyres on the Avensis. Maybe a bit noisy.

Another useful site for rating & purchasing tyres.....

Tyretraders

I find this one best for rating & prices though......

Pneus online

:crybaby: tyretraders web site link is www.tyretraders.com not tyretrader.com this is an imposter! :eek: please get it right!

For those who I have offended with the incorrect info............my apologies!

I have now removed the offending link!

For the record, I used mytyres.co.uk to purchase my new Bridgestone 720's. So far, very happy with them for grip, road noise & ulimately....the price. Paid £48 each but have now found they are £42 each on same site. :ffs:

Looking to buy 2 new tyres for my 2001 Avensis.

Currently have Michelin energy fitted & have done 45,000 miles on original set.

Looking through web sites, I have found a site which rates most tyres over many categories.

Best ones I've found for overall rating & durability are Hankook & Pneumant.  Anyone had any dealings with these 2 Manufacturers tyres??

Both brands are cheaper than Michelin & Bridgestone & are rated better. Dunlop SP 300E's do come close, but are £10 per tyre more expensive.

<_<

If you are changing all 4 tyres and your wheels are 6" rims, 15" diameter, you could consider going up to a 205/55-R15 size. This gives identicle gearing to 195/60-R15 but a lot better steering and grip. Done this on my Avensis and 2.0 Focus and would never go back to 195s.

If you are changing all 4 tyres and your wheels are 6" rims, 15" diameter, you could consider going up to a 205/55-R15 size. This gives identicle gearing to 195/60-R15 but a lot better steering and grip. Done this on my Avensis and 2.0 Focus and would never go back to 195s.

Mine are 16".

Bought 2 new ones now, perhaps next time I should consider.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links