Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Us Built Avalon

doobre

I picked up the new Avalon on 10 August. Later that same day the car showed its first fault. I felt a very strong shudder/vibration in the whole car, when travelling slowly in top gear and accelerating very lightly. Slowly=less than 80kmph(50MPH). It felt like there were bumper strips on the road, the kind they use for warning you to slow down.

The same fault happened several times over the next two days but when I took it to the dealer on Saturday, it did not do it anymore. The 1000kms service was done. Since that first happened there is a low frequency droning/vibration/noise (whatever you like call it) coming thru the whole car, starting at about 110kmph (70MPH) and loudest at about 130kmph (80MPH)... This is really annoying as I travel around that speed most of the time and it is quite intrusive when playing quite music..

On September 8, after doing a U-turn, the car gave a huge thud, which shook the whole car and bounced my foot up off the accelerator pedal.? of course when I took it to the dealer it would not do it again...

Also when driving slowly, the gearbox sometimes seems to get confused and does not know which gear to choose, it jumps quickly and suddenly thru gears. Until it finds the 'right' one.

Also the car seems to Amplify the small bumps in the road surface.

On September 17, I had the car checked by a panel of Toyota representatives who were here for a customer reaction visit. I told them all about the faults with my particular car and they went for a ride in it...

The report from these guys is that all these problems/issues are NORMAL...

UNLESS YOU WANT TO TAKE THE RISK HAVING AN EXPERIENCE LIKE THIS DO NOT BUY A 2005/2006 AVALON

you bet I'm Pi**ed off

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links