Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres- Which Is Better

raywong

hi ppl,

Which tyre would u believe is better out of the two, i've heard of good comments on both the toyo T1-R and the yoko A539? can anyone tell me any disadvantages to these tyres?? cos i need to replace my tyres soon and i just dunno which to go for.

Secondly, i'm planning to go with 195/45/15 on my yaris, any problems with that size? cos at the moment it's 195/50/15 but i want a bit more accerlation and better cornering

Thx a lot

Ray :thumbsup:

The Toyo will last longer ;)

:thumbsup:

Both makes will grip like the preverbial to blanket, but the Toyo's are a harder rubber compound and will last longer.. you will get a little more road noise with the Toyo, but having said that, they are still very quiet in comparrison to most other makes. (TI-r's are qieter than T1-s')

I'm on Toyo Proxes T1-S's just now and they are excellent so I can only imagine how good the T1-R's are! :)

I'd go for Toyo everytime mate! :thumbsup:

i thought u r on T1-R's ryan??

Not yet, I'll have them on the front soon mate, checked my tread on the front today with the markers inside the tread and its nearly level! :(

I've ordered some of T1-R's ...... The reason why because everybody said so!

:Update:

Boy these tyres are good, im thinking about replacing the front one's with these :yes: !

The car feels glued to the road!

Edited by ЪV€

• 2 weeks later...

I recently sorted a pair of T1-Rs for the wife's Starlet SR and they are excellent. Another pair are on their way shortly. They came recommended by a modified Audi RS4 owner on another forum.

No idea about the Yoko's, but I know they can last well (a friend of mine covered 18k on his before selling the car, and they had loads of tread left). I think they look a bit funny though.

Goodyear F1 GSD3's seem to be good for performance too, though they don't last forever.

Rob

id recommend toyos evrytime ive had countless sets of T1-s only had them rather than the R's as there cheaper (not by much tho) and look nicer than the R

PS use your gold discount to get them ray its really cheap

I just got the T1-R's all round, replacement of the Bridgestone potenzas which are just crap especially in wet conditions, the toyos are so much better, safer, and MUCH MUCH quicker off the line

Dont get the A539's, rubbish tyres.

Get Goodyear Eagle F1's :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links