Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Sat Nav

rav4vx

Appologies complete technophobe after some advice?

I considering getting sat nav for my 2002 rav 4 vx. What parts do I need ie.

Wiring loom, GPS antenna, TNS 200?

Does anybody have installation instructions for the wiring loom and the gps antenna?

Will it work in conjunction with the factory fit cd autochanger.

Is the system worth the effort on the standard navi head unit?

Is the wiring loom the same for all toyota models?

sorry for the amount of questions - as i said complete technophobe and new user to the forum struggling to find myself around the seach function to isolate this info - which i sure is aready here

thanx

:D :thumbsup: Thanx thats a really useful website.

Is the standard navi system run from the tns200 any good - screen on head unit dosn't look up to much?

:D  :thumbsup: Thanx thats a really useful website.

Is the standard navi system run from the tns200 any good - screen on head unit dosn't look up to much?

as with any sat nav unit, they have good points and bad points. also, they are only as good as the latest maps CD-ROM. I got my dealer to give me the latest one as part of the deal when I bought my Rav. It works well, however, it doesn´t always give the best route. Another annoying thing about it is the method of inputting destinations. you first enter the town, then the street, then the number. there is no facility on the TNS200 to enter a postcode. I´ve also found, for example, I wanted to go to a place on Lord Street in Leigh, Lancashire. So, I enter Leigh as the town, and it doesn´t recognise it!?!?!?!?!? yet, when I get to the place (using my portable garmin gpsmap60c) it shows on the TNS200 screen that I am on Lord Street in Leigh!! These are just a couple of annoying little idiosyncracies that I´ve found. On the whole though, it´s better than nothing!! How well the others are in comparison, I don´t know.

Hope this helps?

Phil

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links