Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heated Washer Jets

stay_aliveuk

Does anyone know if you can fit heated washer jets from any other model of Toyota of Lexus?

I recall seeing that someone had fitted lexus triple jet washers from a Lexus on his mod list but remember who that was.

Cheers

Does anyone know if you can fit heated washer jets from any other model of Toyota of Lexus?

I recall seeing that someone had fitted lexus triple jet washers from a Lexus on his mod list but remember who that was.

Cheers

:thumbsup: Not sure if this is what your after, but Webasto make a device called a Hot Shot, look on their website. :thumbsup: Brian

The triple washers will fit from any lexus, apart from the tubing. You need a slightly longer tube as the lexus washer jet comes in from the other side to the RAV.

I have looked for hours on the net for a smashed up lexus to buy the jets cheap, but if they are similar to the toyota ones they are only £9 ish each.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers

:thumbsup: Not sure if this is what your after, but Webasto make a device called a Hot Shot, look on their website. :thumbsup: Brian

Reply email from Webasto about the cost of the HotShot:-

Dear Mr Steels

Further to your recent enquiry, please find enclosed further information on the new HotShot windscreen cleaning system, which offers a quick, clean and safe solution to the problem of poor driving visibility caused by dirt, salt or ice on the windscreen. HotShot is a compact, (140mmx90mmx45mm), yet powerful water heating unit, activated by the vehicle's Battery and simply installed between the existing windscreen washer reservoir and the screen wash nozzles.

Before starting a journey the touch of a button activates the HotShot system, which heats the washer fluid to around 65°C in less than 30 seconds, before automatically giving 6-8 short sprays at 10 second intervals. Heated water is an extremely effective screen cleaner, removing dead insects, dust, detergent residue, mud and oil in hot weather, or melting ice and preventing the screen from fogging and re-freezing in winter.

Once the windscreen is clean and clear it can be kept that way by switching to standby mode. HotShot maintains the heat of the screen wash water, ready for spraying each time the wipers are used.

The product is available through your local distributor, whose details are shown on the attached listing.

Advance Auto Electric Tel: 0161 848 9304

Unit 28 Longwood Road Fax: 0161 876 4074

Trafford Park Contact: Pete Ryan

Manchester M17 1PZ

The supply only RRP for the system is £130.00 exc VAT & installation, however, please contact your distributor to obtain an exact quotation.

Kindest Regards

Rod Gascoyne

Sales Services Manager

Webasto Product UK Limited

Webasto House, White Rose Way

Doncaster Carr, South Yorkshire, DN4 5JH United Kingdom

Direct Tel : 00 44 (0)7831 402864

Direct Fax: 00 44 (0) 1302 361016

Email: rgascoyne@webastouk.com

I hate to say it but, is it worth it??

my thoughts exactly, £130.00 exc VAT & installation I'd say it's way too high.

I hate to say it but, is it worth it??

my thoughts exactly, £130.00 exc VAT & installation I'd say it's way too high.

I agree - way too expensive! Can't imagine that they'll sell many at that price.

Phil

I fitted the Lexus triple jet nozzles - from IS200 - fitted straight into existing bonnet cut-outs but needed longer tubing as they exit the nozzle at 90 deg. to the originals.

Sure there used to be a company that sold heater that worked off the rad pipes - using a wrap around jacket - not worth £130 IMHO - how about a diversion of the existing tubing to some copper tubing wrapped around one of the rad pipes then to the nozzles ... :)

Purely for information. I`ve got heated washer jets on my 5 series beemer. useless. Yeah sure you`ve got washers when its freezing. :D But wait till the water hits the screen...... Whiteout. :( !Removed! dangerous IMO. I try to avoid using the washers at all if it`s that cold. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Surely it is a simple matter of making sure you have the correct washer solution mix for the time of year, halford stuff I use suggests 1 part washer to 1 part water in winter, or use neat if the temperature is really low. once the engine is warm, then the nozzles should be defrosted enough for use of the washers. also good idea to carry spare solution already mixed, as you can run out fast on a long motorway journey.

As I understand it is the mist that is generated during the spraying process that causes the nozzle to freeze up as opposed to the water within the nozzle and jet body.

As for using a kettle of warm water I am concernd about the jets freezing up whilst driving which happened to me once and caused me to pull over. I ended up travelling some distance looking out from the side window until I hit a warmer patch and they defrosted themselves.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links