Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying Rav

Starensis

Been offered 2.0 D4-D VX, 02 plate, 32000 miles, side steps, Metallic Red, FSH for £12,600.

The VX spec has full leather trim with rear spoiler, CD multi-changer & wheel arch extensions.

Not sure if the extra £600 for the VX over the GX is worth it!

Anyway, any comments on whether it's worth the money! Not sure changing from a 51 plate Avensis to 02 plate RAV + £9000 cash is fully justifiable.

I know the fuel consumption will be similar to the Avensis 1.8 VVT-I, but running costs/maintenance will be higher.

Thanks.

I have an 03 reg RAV 4 GX D4D. I would go for it! The 600 extra quid is worth it for leather, CD changer, spoiler and the rest!

I also have the metallic red and its luuuuvely. The fuel consuption is fine and I can say round town it makes the figures and on the motorway, it makes its figures as well.

Myself and family have really enjoyed and are still enjoying our RAV. The first thing I bought was personalised plates, then the side steps and then mudguards.

I can recomend a type of bike rack as well if you are interested, although you will need a tow bar for this type!

Go on, go for it!

The car is up for £13,250, but have manged to haggle them down to £12,600. Still think it's too much.........even at Main Dealer. Parkers states £12,050.

They have also only offered me £3,250 for my Avensis, which I find an insult.

Been looking at other dealers & most of them are GX spec at the same price.

I reckon I will get £4200 for my Avensis as it has FSH, new tyres, 12 months MOT, tax etc.

Ulysse, thanks for your feedback & positive comments. You have got me teetering towards the RAV again.

:thumbsup:

Dealers are quite expensive, and it took me ages to haggle them down, but they know how fast SUV's sell.

Just to get you in the mood even more, last years Top Gear best SUV was the RAV 4. This year it was pipped to the post by a Lexus!

Dealers are quite expensive, and it took me ages to haggle them down, but they know how fast SUV's sell.

Just to get you in the mood even more, last years Top Gear best SUV was the RAV 4.  This year it was pipped to the post by a Lexus!

Ulysse, What are the service costs & road tax? I know the emissions are higher than my Avensis so road tax will be dearer.

Had any problems with it yet?

Hello Adam!

Yeah get yourself one, you know it makes sense! Be good to see you hangin around here!

This from Toyotaworld by any chance? Keep haggling, have heard a few say they're tight there! :thumbsup:

Road tax is £170 a year. Not sure on serviceing, mine is due end of this month, BUT the nice people at Toyota let me pay £25 for a lifetime of 25% off servicing parts and labour!

The car is up for £13,250, but have manged to haggle them down to £12,600.  Still think it's too much.........even at Main Dealer.  Parkers states £12,050.

They have also only offered me £3,250 for my Avensis, which I find an insult.

Been looking at other dealers & most of them are GX spec at the same price.

I reckon I will get £4200 for my Avensis as it has FSH, new tyres, 12 months MOT, tax etc.

Ulysse, thanks for your feedback & positive comments. You have got me teetering towards the RAV again.

:thumbsup:

When it comes to part-ex, it's really the cost of change that is important rather than the individual amounts for the outgoing/incoming car. ie - How much will I have to write the cheque for!

At the end of the day nearly every dealer will adjust the invoice in his favour to minimise the VAT aspect.

The best deals are nearly always a private sale and a non-p/x purchase

Starensis

I have a 52 plate VX D4D and love it.. The Leather seats are really comfortable.. I do about 2000 miles a month for work to and from and to client sites. Never had any hic-ups :D and she never misses a beat. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

PX my Migrane II for it and was glad (never by French awful :censor: ) Paid £12000 for mine.. All the bells and whistles you could ever need...

Getting about 40mpg on the runs I do, the further you travel the better it gets... Best I got from a tank was 420 miles upto and back from Leeds.. the Torque from the diesel is impresive and motorway overtaking is a breeze... :D

Go on you know you want one!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Not sure of your price range, but my XT4 D4d (54) is up for sale in the sales section at below Market price and i've done all the mods on it already.

You lot are really pushing me towards buying it!

Yes it is from Toyota World & yes they are bloody tight. :censor: My son works there, so they have given me " A good deal"............. Not too sure myself.

I think the car at £13250 was OTT from the start & have reduced to a reasonable price anyway.

Would be interesting though if someone went in off the street to haggle for it. I wonder if they would reduce to same price they have given me?

I've been looking all day at used car sites & I do think the price they are willing to business at is quite good. The wife has seen it & driven it today, but is not too keen on the Metallic Red ( she want silver ). Likes the drive though.

I'm test driving it on Friday PM.

Not in too much of a rush anyway, there are some good examples about at the moment & being close to Xmas they may reduce even further.

Thanks to you all for your replies.......... :thumbsup:

Not sure of your price range, but my XT4 D4d (54) is up for sale in the sales section at below Market price and i've done all the mods on it already.

Pete,

Sorry, my budget will only stretch to £12500.

:(

The wife has seen it & driven it today, but is not too keen on the Metallic Red ( she want silver

Everyone has silver! Go for RED, you only have me to contend with and I'm 300 miles away! The shine really does show on the red metallic, its like looking into the polished boot of a naval guardsman!

The wife has seen it & driven it today, but is not too keen on the Metallic Red ( she want silver

Everyone has silver! Go for RED, you only have me to contend with and I'm 300 miles away! The shine really does show on the red metallic, its like looking into the polished boot of a naval guardsman!

I agree with you mate. Silver is "So yesterday".

Bloody women :censor:

Pete,

Did I see you had changed your rear door check arm so it opens 90 degrees? If so, where did you get the part from?

Just a quick note on this issue...

Test drove the RAV today & went over it whilst on the ramp.

No problems on the underbody but found a couple in the interior. The inside of the screens were really damp with moisture. I ran my fingers along the base of the screen & it was actually dripping down behind the dash. Just moisture from the carpet i was told...............Mmmm, not too sure myself.

The rear load space carpet was also damp.

Front brake discs were warped & spare tyre was bald. This car had been Auto assured!!

Did actually take for a test drive & felt it drove quite nice.

It has already had 2 previous owners. I often can't understand why people don't keep cars if they are so reliable.

The car had also had a 40,000 service, but they had not changed the diff or G/Box oils.

All this apart ( they did say they would rectify all of my issues ), the Finance was not quite right for me. The major sticking point was the px price of my Avensis. Due to this I ended up £800 adrift with no chance of selling the Avensis private this side of Crimbo to make up the shortfall.

Never mind, there's always next year.

It may pay to wait till the middle of next year. I know that SUV prices are normally artificially high, but I find they strengthen a little more over the winter months when people seem to want them more. And buying guides seem to say the same thing. Sort of opposite to a soft top I suppose.

Also, maybe the introduction of the mk3 may push the other prices down a little too?

It may pay to wait till the middle of next year.  I know that SUV prices are normally artificially high, but I find they strengthen a little more over the winter months when people seem to want them more.  And buying guides seem to say the same thing.  Sort of opposite to a soft top I suppose.

Also, maybe the introduction of the mk3 may push the other prices down a little too?

I think you are right.

I think I'll just keep my Avensis a little longer as I have no major problems/costs with it at the moment.

Thinking though of getting the wife a Corolla T-Sport after Xmas.......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links