Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Me Car Pics

fishboy

Hey these are the pics that i have got of me car that i bought for £850

Vreg 30,000 miles

I bought it from a slavage yard, sadly it was damadged but being repaird at the moment so pics will be updated soon :thumbsup:

What do you think?

V_TOYOTA_YARIS_1.jpg

Image014.jpg

h.jpg

Copy2ofV_TOYOTA_YARIS_2.jpg

V_TOYOTA_YARIS_3.jpg

CopyofImage020.jpg

And this is me first time on photoshop so dont laff cos i need 2 improve on me skills :bookworm: :lol:

V_TOYOTA_YARIS_2.jpg

Cheers fishboy

Well I think it looks great from the front and the side but the back needs at least a polish. :P

Welcome to TOC. :thumbsup:

How much do you reckon it's going to cost to put right?

lol nice photoshop attempt. at least we get the idea. doesnt look like too much damage to the back. not too much work. and atm my car is dirtier :P

How much do you reckon it's going to cost to put right?

Erm im not sure at the moment bout £500 max

Ive got a free tailgate on its way which i "found" hehe

and ive got a mate who came and looked at the car before i bought it n hes a profressional panel beater and he as asured me he'll repair it :thumbsup:

Ye chris we in competition lol, ill go thrash it round a few fields n then lets see whos winning then haha :lol:

Cheers fishboy

Damn that's a bargain mate!!

Get the bumpers and mirrors colour coded at the same time when you're getting it repaired, will make it look a lot better and will cost a max of 150-200 quid as well. And seeing that your mates a panel beater, maybe a discount is in line.... ;) :thumbsup:

Yeah, I was just about to suggest getting the bumpers & mirrors colour coded, it makes a massive difference imo

fields? nah. i manage it in a 1 foot square patch in the middle of a car park :P

Priceless! :P

I think the word you are looking for is MY.

unless you are really Tarzan? :D

Ditto. :lol:

:( One note of caution though.................a potentially written off Yaris could find its way back on the road, as obviously the insurance company did not consider the repairs to be economical.

Make sure that your mate carries out FULL alignment checks or you might be storing up problems for youself (Or the next unsuspecting owner)

Considering the age of the Yaris, I can't see why that is anything worse tan a CAT D. Then again, I could be very wrong...

:( One note of caution though.................a potentially written off Yaris could find its way back on the road, as obviously the insurance company did not consider the repairs to be economical.

Make sure that your mate carries out FULL alignment checks or you might be storing up problems for youself (Or the next unsuspecting owner)

nah thats only panel damage, the bottom section is only tin with no structure to it

id check the boot floor though but looks like its mainly contained to the tail gate

Yeah, you'd be amazed how easily a dunt at the back goes through to the boot floor (thinks about poor little #1 and the Corsa that went into the back of it <_< )

Looks okay though and I hope she gives you years of reliable service :thumbsup:

A

nah thats only panel damage, the bottom section is only tin with no structure to it

id check the boot floor though but looks like its mainly contained to the tail gate

I was being cautious as it would appear from the photos that the rear crumple zone had "done its job" and crumpled.

Any major damage to a crumple zone needs full alignment checks after repair and before it is put back on the road.

if they have indeed done their job then thats the only problem

ive seen the front of a Golf totalled, headlamps and everything were gone, the crumple zone had done its job and no structure was damaged

the bloke who fixed it basically ground off the old crumple zones, welded new ones on, and it was certified by an engineer as being stronger than when it came out the factory

if the zones didnt have enough give and it did transfer into the bodywork then major jigging will be required

and if the boot floor has gone, which i doubt, then it will be a total write off, as a small hatch such as the yaris contains alot of its rear strength in there

Looks like that's been hit by a bus or lorry I imagine...bargain price tho even with that damage, and low mileage too.

Hey i understand what you mean about the boot floor, luckily it hasnt took the floor, the spare wheel was still there inflated with out pressure holding it lol :thumbsup:

it did go through the insurance and was classified as a write off though, thats why it was in the salvage yard

I have phoned the big man upstairs AKA. DVLA :lol:

and they said that if its going back on the road then the repairs will need to be taken out by a qualified body shop (which it will be)

And then sent up to Kiddminster (1hr drive) so that it can go through the safety checks and then ill get me logbook back

So it will be all go from there, at the same time im tryin to persuade them to smooth me tailgate :) but im not sure if they are up for it :(

Cant wait till i pass me test and can start drivin it lol

Will update you all with news and pics

Leave the tailgate for now, you'd be better off getting a spoiler to start with instead of smoothing it yet ;) Just my opinion though :thumbsup:

Yeye i know what your saying but im 17 and n i ent got alot of money so i was think about spraying costs

It would probably cost you more to smooth the bot and get it resprayed than it would to get a spoiler and get that done. Are you getting your bumpers etc colour coded whilst it's being reapaired?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links