Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

An Old Biker Likes 'em!

Raggyroller

Hi all, :)

Im 61, and I've ridden big bikes all my life, and recently a road-legal quad.

But, recently the old back's been playing up (and the weather's been a bit cold!) , so I decided to look for the best economical fun car that I could find.

I took delivery of my chilli-red 3-door basic Aygo this morning and drove it through Belfast city, and on the motorway to get home.........

AND IT'S BRILL!!! :D

Even in that short space of time I'm WELL impressed... never been inside an Aygo till this morning... not even a test drive!!! ..... and yet I just know I've made the right choice. :)

It's a great, cheeky-looking little motor, with plenty of nippiness to it.

It needs a few extra revs on setting off to save stalling (I wonder how I know that!!?), but that's the way I used to set off on a bike anyway, so it comes fairly naturally to me to set off that way.

I'd be interested to hear any other views of Aygo newbies on the way they feel about theirs.

Cheers,

Raggy. :thumbsup:

ditto lol

i drove mine for first time when i went to pick it up as well, yup the old over rev to stop stalling thing applies to me too, but other wise great car and yup i drove it on the motorway like the next day to get to heathrow, was fun.

nice to see aygo appeals to people of all ages

Hi all, :)

Im 61, and I've ridden big bikes all my life, and recently a road-legal quad.

But, recently the old back's been playing up (and the weather's been a bit cold!) , so I decided to look for the best economical fun car that I could find.

I took delivery of my chilli-red 3-door basic Aygo this morning and drove it through Belfast city, and on the motorway to get home.........

AND IT'S BRILL!!! :D

Even in that short space of time I'm WELL impressed... never been inside an Aygo till this morning... not even a test drive!!! ..... and yet I just know I've made the right choice. :)

It's a great, cheeky-looking little motor, with plenty of nippiness to it.

It needs a few extra revs on setting off to save stalling (I wonder how I know that!!?), but that's the way I used to set off on a bike anyway, so it comes fairly naturally to me to set off that way.

I'd be interested to hear any other views of Aygo newbies on the way they feel about theirs.

Cheers,

Raggy. :thumbsup:

Glad you get along with the Aygo - It looks a nice lil' motor.

Love ya avatar :thumbsup: Although I like being young :lol:

Congrats Raggyroller

I picked up mine today, and I am well impressed by it's capacity to keep up on the motorway, come to think of it, noone passed me on the way home, and I just barely touched 140km/h without fuzz. Still it should loosen up a bit (300km), as the demo I tried, I recall as beeing quicker of the bat. What impresses me the most is how spacious it feels inside, and how safe it feels, noiselevels are also way below what I would expect.

Living in Norway I will need undercoat on it, as I am particularly worried about the little edge inside the rear wheel-arc infront of the wheel, that one is going to take a beating.

I also need to check the pressure in the tires as it was a bit floaty, however it is a dream to drive over potholes and rough surfaces.

Anyone feel that the power-steering on such a small car, makes the steering almost TOO light?

Soon get used to that though.... but need to be aware of it.

Raggy :)

Hiya raggy sorry to hear you gave the bike up...but you got the comfort now.....from a fellow biker 66 next and still biking.....but love the car also. :)

:thumbsup:

Hiya raggy sorry to hear you gave the bike up...but you got the comfort now.....from a fellow biker 66 next and still biking.....but love the car also. :)

How do,

Nice to meet a fellow biker :)

The pull of the bike is still very strong, and when, hopefully, the back allows it; I don't think I'll be able to resist getting another pair of wheels!! :D (fingers crossed)

All the best and safe riding. :thumbsup:

Raggy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links