Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

140 Or 190?

pgibson

I have recently bought my partners business Celica company car from her firm due to the car being over three years old. When she first ordered it she was sure it was the 190 bhp version, but at a recent service I was told it was a 140 bhp model. As far as I can make out it is a Celica 1.8 VVT-i Dynamic pack 51 reg engine 1ZZ. If some kind person could enlighten me as how to establish which bhp I would be very grateful. :help:

Best wishes from,

Pgibson.

Have a look at what the revs go up to on the tacho, and post them here - can't remember what they do go up to but someone will instantly be able to tell you from it :thumbsup:

Also you should feel the kick from the lift if you've got the 190

when i was looking for my 7 i was told on several occasions by various dealers that cars were 190 - and i corrected them when most were 140's

Floor it in 2nd and see see if everything goes blurry over 6200rpm :D

Easy way to tell whether it's a 190 is to look under the bonnet at the engine - when it's got a black plastic rocker cover with VVTL-i printed on it (in silver writing), or the rev counter goes up to 9,000rpm and the 190 has an oval chrome trimmed exhaust rather than just a straight circular one with no chrome. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links