Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Got A Avensis T Spirit?

Nightstalker

If so could you let us know what the leather seats are like in this weather...Im tempted to change my t3x for one but have been told the leather seats are not heated...thought it might be a tad on the cold side with the weather we are having. I have also been told tho that depending on the leather used that no heating is needed as the softer leather soaks body temp quicker and warms up that way....

So anyone out there with a t spirit...a bit of info about this car would be greatly apreciated....looking to go for the 2ltr t spirit... so would this be a

:thumbsup:

or a

:no:

If so could you let us know what the leather seats are like in this weather...Im tempted to change my t3x for one but have been told the leather seats are not heated...thought it might be a tad on the cold side with the weather we are having. I have also been told tho that depending on the leather used that no heating is needed as the softer leather soaks body temp quicker and warms up that way....

So anyone out there with a t spirit...a bit of info about this car would be greatly apreciated....looking to go for the 2ltr t spirit... so would this be a

:thumbsup:

or a

:no:

No problem. I've had two, both parked outside and the leather is just fine in all weathers hot or cold. :thumbsup: :)

I do find that the leather seats on my '53 T-Spirit do feel cold these mornings without seat heating, but maybe that just a sign of me getting on a bit!

It is true that they tend to be colder than normal fabric seats. However, it is'nt something that should put you off from getting a T-Spirit Avensis, as leather will make all the difference in the quality and looks of the interior. An additional bonus is that both driver and passenger seats are electrically adjustable.

As a top-of the range model and at a list price of over £20k, you should expect leather seats as standard.

The leather toyota use is amoung the best qualtiy you will find. I had a rover 25 with leather seats a couple of years ago that was not too bad in cold wether its the hot wether i found it to be a pain i found myself having to cool the car 5 minutes or so before i got in. But a t-spirit is what i'll get next.

Thanks all.... :thumbsup:

I must admit that I am now leaning towards sticking with a T3x with cloth, I know that the leather looks nice however the fact that the seats are cold when its cold outside and there is no seat heating I am sure that the wife will complain something rotten....

So just to keep the peace I'd rather go for cloth....UNLESS...there is an after market seat heating system for cars with leather seats that dont have heating and offcourse it cant be all to expensive....any one know of any systems...

• 2 years later...
Thanks all.... :thumbsup:

I must admit that I am now leaning towards sticking with a T3x with cloth, I know that the leather looks nice however the fact that the seats are cold when its cold outside and there is no seat heating I am sure that the wife will complain something rotten....

So just to keep the peace I'd rather go for cloth....UNLESS...there is an after market seat heating system for cars with leather seats that dont have heating and offcourse it cant be all to expensive....any one know of any systems...

I'm abput to pick up an 06 T-Spirit on monday & would also like to know if there is an after market heated seat system ?

Thanks

Steve

I don't know if you've noticed but quite a lot of the "leather" seat isn't actually leather, it's only the centre strip that's leather - the remainder is plastic albeit with a posh name. If you're after a T-Spirit without the leather then that's more-or-less what the T4 is.

in my opinion having the heated seats is part of the enjoyment of having a leather interior. theres nothing better than toasting your butt on a cold winters morning on the way to work.

Heated seats are waste of time from personal experience. They take several seconds to make any noticeable difference and any chill you that may initially notice is soon gone by your own body heat long before the seat heaters come into effect. I tend to use my car at 5am in the morning and never notice a problem in my Camry.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links