Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need To Source An Engine!

wylo

Well hello there.Not been on here in a while!

Would like to know where all the paseo boys source your parts from etc. I'm trying to source a 5efe engine and box but i'm having no luck! Does anyone know any breakers who could help me out or any contact numbers? Any help is greatly apreciated!

Thanks guys. Stevie. :thumbsup:

why? the differences aren't huge.

Just out of interest Andrew, do you have any 5efhe rods or 4efte pistons, or just full engines :)

If you do could you pm prices, putting together a few costs to work a couple of options out :rolleyes:

Because the engine is for my starlet and the 5efe uses the same loom as the 4efe and has been done a few times already. The "he" seems to cause alot more bother than its worth.

Thinking about it though, some "he" cams would be nice, think you can get a hold of some? :thumbsup:

Well I have 3 5E-FHE engines. These could be converted to somewhere beteween 5E-FHE and 5E-FE by using a combination of bits - you would still have a slightly higher compression ratio and wilder cams than a normal 5E-FE though.

I can supply:

5E-FHE engine with either:

195?cc 5E-FE pink injectors; 225cc 5E-FHE brown injectors or 295cc 4E-FTE grey injectors

5E-FE inlet manifold / throttle body or 5E-FHE non-ACIS or 4E-FTE

(note 5E-FE throttle body needs new TPS)

5E-FE distributor (integral coil) 4E-FTE / 5E-FHE distributor & external coil

5E-FHE MAP sensor

5E-FHE ECU

I know a 5E-FHE ECU expects to find 5E-FHE injectors (and won't run nicely with 5E-FE). I wonder if the software in the 5E-FE ECU could cope with a slightly higher compression ratio?

Yeah sorry, forgot to mention the ECU.

See its all a bit to complicated with the "he" to be honest. I'm sure we could get it to work but its alot of mixing and matching and alot of "wonder if this would work with this?" I know that the 5efe will work so that's what i'm after! Cheers for the info though mate :)

In my experience 5e-fhe loom on a Sera is 99% interchangable with 4e-fte from EP82 and 95% the same as EP91 4E-FTE

This is based upon putting 4 4E-FTE into Seras, 2 from EP82 and 2 from EP91, and one 5E-FE into a Sera (everything matched up but I used inlet manifold and distributor from 5E-FHE and fitting 5e-fhe injectors.

Yeah thats fair enough, but it's gonna be different again for a 4efe loom. I would be interested in some he cams from you though if your willing to split one of the engines...

I don't particularly want to split a perfectly good engine for the cams. I may have a set coming to me soon, there are a queue of people after them.

Wylo, I'm sure one of the 'seo boys would be happy to give their 5e-fe to you when they do the 4e-fte conversion. Mine is in the pipeline, but at the moment this pipe is as long as a piece of string, so i'm not use to you.

I'm sure someone could give you a hand in removing them! :D

wild, how many people are doing this swap? Get your finger out so i can have the engine :lol:

Also, does anyone know of any good jap breakers in the country? i've tried a few near me and no joy!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links