Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Central Locking Problem

iladio_morientes

:huh:

HI Guys, I am having problems with my central locking on my Celica 95 GT. Basically when I arm the alarm, the lock on the driver side locks fine, but the passenger side doesnt.

Also once inside the car, when I press the central locking button ( on the drivers side ) it takes a couple of pushes before the lock on the passenger side door locks.

Faulty springy -thingy ?dodgy button ?Does anyone know what this could be ? Is there any central locking diagrams I can look at ? I have the haynes book but there is nothin in ther....

Any help would be great! Thanks

On my Celica GT 1991, the passenger side will only lock or unlock using the key in the driver door, or by pressing the button inside on the drivers or passengers doors.

Well, my passenger side DID lock intially when I locked it from the drivers side button inside or from the lock outside on ther drivers side. But recently its just stopped working, so thats why I initially thought it could be a spring or something ????

Got to be some dodgy wire somewhere.

The mechanism is going to either work or not work so you must have a bad connection somewhere or a dodgy fuse.

I would change the central locking fuse first of all because its the simplest and cheapest way to do things.

Thanks gt4-wrc, I'll go down the fuse route, if that fails I'll take it to the dealer.

'preciate the tip.

There is a known fault with failure of the locking solenoid that is fitted inside the door - but Mr T will not admit to it. In the early to mid 90s a lot of MR2s & Celicas on the forecourts had the solenoids removed and sold to customers (as new items). The garages only fitted new solenoids when the cars on the forecourt were sold. I have lost count of the number of MR2s and Celicas that suffered this fault when I was checking them out for purchase.

If the fuse check/change does not work try the following:

Stand next to the pax door when operating the remote and listen for the solenoid working. If you can't here it, remove the door trim and try again. If still not working - locate solenoid, disconnect cables and run a couple of leads to your Battery. Connect leads to solenoid (make sure no other cables are connected to it). Does it work - if not - replace it. Try a Toyota breakers - see other threads for details. (PM me if you need more detailed instructions)

Note: If Mr T in the garage replaces it the starting price will be about £100 labour + parts + VAT. Not pretty for a part worth no more than a tenner. B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links