Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

St205 V St202 Running Costs

celsteve

I've often thought about when I change car It'll be a st205 in silver and was wondering about the extra costs as opposed to a st202.

I'm sure this will be a help to anyone with a st202 who has often wondered about getting one.

Insurance I suppose for some will cost more and higher fuel bills are probably unavoidable depending on how you drive. But what about general servicing, does this cost more, does the turbo, intercooler need replacing with normal unmodded use. The 4x4 system, does this ever fail and need parts during the normal life-span of the vehicle? The suspension obviously will need to be thought about, any input would be great!!

Supposing insurance isn't an issue, is it going to cost me much more to run?

Suppose you could say i've been bitten by the gt4 bug ,you guys have got to stop posting vids of them!!! And with the prices of them really coming down it's something I've thought about maybe in 6 months time.

oil service every 3000 mls. really good oil + filter £40 - £50 ish , i use toyotas own oil 5w/30 costs me £20 with a filter.

rear diff mount goes - dunno when though , but then my one is a jap model and in much better nick than a uk model of similar age underneath. cost about £100

insurance is £308 fully comp 6 points and 7 years no claims.

as for fuel i can honesetly say i use less , because i get to the speeds i want alot quicker and dont need to red line the car at all - on a run i do a steady 60 mph and get excellent fuel figures , i have of course ran off £20 of optimax in less than 25 miles - but not often. my car is for sale for the right price

what booster said. And the clutch will be £500+ minimum.

As for petrol, i do get through more as i drive mine hard :driving:

I have done the ST202 to ST205 swap and never looked back :D :D :D

my car is for sale for the right price

How much?

And what you getting next?

as much as i can get for it

dunno.

i may just treat myself to a 21 speed mountain bike for a while.

i may just treat myself to a 21 speed mountain bike for a while.

:o your not going all !Removed! on us are you......

:lol:

to be honest i can't justify owning it really - i have put only 4000 miles on it in a year and a half

to be honest i can't justify owning it really - i have put only 4000 miles on it in a year and a half

Can anyone 'justify' owning one? Not exactly environmentaly friendly or a practical shopping car are they? :lol: As for the mountain bike idea.... Good luck. One of those buggers put me in the cardiac care unit for a week. :angry:

*edit* I`ve only done 5K in mine in 2 years.

:D Keep it , you know it makes sense , think of all the fun time you've had together , the memorys :crybaby: .....

Back to the post - If you have to worry about the running cost etc of a GT4 should you really be buying one ?would be the last thing on my mind . I hope to upgrade either GT4 or Supra TT (looks :drool: ) Next year - bugger the running costs- i'll pay wat i have to when i have too .

When I first got mine did 14,000 miles in 6 months :eek: was a bit expensive to say the least good fun though :D

Seriously though booster if your looking to sell you car talk to me, the misses has been driving mine a bit since I got the company car (you know to keep it running sweet for me :angry:), and has decided that she fancies one of her own, perferably silver!!

pm me an offer sketchy .

I've done 36k miles in 3 years, so exactly 1000 miles per month average. And at 28 mpg average that's over £4500 worth of fuel... :!Removed!:

I've done 36k miles in 3 years, so exactly 1000 miles per month average. And at 28 mpg average that's over £4500 worth of fuel... :!Removed!:

:eek::eek: I can imagine our american buddies laughing their heads off right now :angry: It's not fair!!

:lol: we have the last laugh though , the yanks didnt get the gt4 :lol:

they got the all wheel drive version with a 2.2 lump chucked into it. AFAIK

I'll chip in, my MR2 turbo cost about twice as much as my MR2 na ..

and I racked up over 20k miles a year, for 4 years. .. averaging about 20mpg ..

At 95p per litre thats £6840 on petrol in 4 years.

:lol: we have the last laugh though , the yanks didnt get the gt4 :lol:

they got the all wheel drive version with a 2.2 lump chucked into it. AFAIK

I think they must`ve imported a good few from Canada though. And a few have been converted using MR Tubby motors. :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links