Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox For Celica Import

celicatrd

I need a gearbox for a 6 gen celica import.

1. Can you use a UK spec gearbox or does it have to be jap spec?

2. Where can I get one from in the Manchester area?

3. Is there decent mechanics that could do it for me and what prices am I looking at?

I would be most grateful if someone could help me out on this one please as my has been stood for nearly 2 months now and I desperately need to get it back on the road.

Thanks,

Ronnie

Depends which model you have:

SS1 - not sure but maybe the same as UK GT (possibly different ratios??, output shafts??).

SS2 - Probably the same as UK GT

SS3 - I think this one has an LSD, not sure if it's the same otherwise.

As long as you don't get a box from an ST (1.8) it should mate to the engine, just the drive shafts that might be different.

I think the ss2 with superstrut has an LSD also :thumbsup: If this helps?

Sorry I forgot to say what engine/model it is.

It's an ST202 3s-ge 2.0GT......

Sorry I forgot to say what engine/model it is.

It's an ST202 3s-ge 2.0GT......

If it's an import mate it wont be classed as a GT, but an ss2. If it's insured as a GT chances are your insurance wont be valid. I had exactly the same problem when I bought my import. I can't really help you with the gearbox thing but if your car has superstrut suspension (which is only on some import st202s) then i think it has a different gearbox to the non superstrut model. Sorry to hear about your car's problems but a trip to your Toyota garage with the chassis number should tell you excatly what part you need then it's a case of finding a descent garage. There's a few guys from Mancland here, they might be able to recommend somewhere :thumbsup:

Hi

Yeah sorry to here about the gearbox problem, although I would have no idea which gearbox would fit which car, i do know of a couple of decent garages in the Manchester area, if you need the number for them, One of them is an ex Toyota head mechanic, maybe he could help you out.

Let me know if you want the numbers.

I know someone through a friend who was a top dog at VW who is very much into his GT4s and did me a big job on my old Audi(saved £400). I have not spoke to him since then(2 years) but I can get my mate to give him a call if your stuck. Just so you know he's a cash man as it will be a foreigner, so if you need to pay by Credit card he wont be any help!!! Top bloke and very honest and also most importantly he is a very good mechanic. Also know a guy who works at Ford in Old Trafford and Im seeing him tomorrow for an MOT. I will ask him whether he's up for doing it if you get parts. He also used to work at VW with the other lad and is good enough to be trusted with my baby!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links