Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 5 "retract Control" Relay. Exact Location?

Domma

Guys,

I have been given links to the Gen 5 service manuals on here but still have a problem with location of this relay.

The one off my car is in my hand after toyota reading removed it. The manual link shows it is located behind the dash on the driver's side inside the cabin. ( this is the 3" square blue box relay with 12 contacts and a matal bracket. part no: 85964-20020. Sorry no digi camera with me.)

The relay is very clean on the outside as if its come from inside the car but i can find no empty 12 point connector block behind the dash.

Guy i spoke to from Toyota said they removed it from within the engine bay next to the N/S front shock absorber? Can anybody confirm this?

There is a head light relay in the "Fuse and relay" box to the right of the engine in the bay and that is intact along with all the fuses.

Has anybody got a link showing me the location of this relay in the engine bay not the dash?

Sorry for all the requests but this is a little confusing.

Cheers Dom..........

It doesn`t live in the engine bay on the GT4. i`m pretty sure on mine it`s up above the glovebox. Take the glovebox and left hand lower dash out and its held onto a bracket on the dash cross brace with a self tapper or two. I`m assuming it is the h/lamp motor relay. Rectangular, about 2inches by 3 inches +/- might be a tad smaller. It`s ages since i had the dash out. :unsure:

Cheers daktari,

That seems to fit the description of the relay in question! I have the drivers side of the dash out and have aspare male 12connection?

I will have a look behind the glove box? Next door neighbour is checking the relay at work for me today, electronics guy.

funny how even electronics peeps cringe when you ask them about Auto Electrics!!

This relay really dos'nt look like its kept under the bonnet though. Not sure what the guy from Toyota was on about now.

Cheers Domma.........

Cheers daktari,

That seems to fit the description of the relay in question! I have the drivers side of the dash out and have aspare male 12connection?

I will have a look behind the glove box? Next door neighbour is checking the relay at work for me today, electronics guy.

funny how even electronics peeps cringe when you ask them about Auto Electrics!!

This relay really dos'nt look like its kept under the bonnet though. Not sure what the guy from Toyota was on about now.

Cheers Domma.........

I couldn't see it under the bonnet on mine when I had a quick look the other day. It's certainly not in either of the two main fuse/relay boxes.

Yeah its seperate to the fuse box relays Mike!

This one is bigger than a pack of cards and has a metal bracket attatched to it.

There isn't an sealed area near the front shock is there. under the wheel arch where you can't see?

I very much doubt it myself.

Cheers for the help guys.

Domma.........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links