Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Today Up North

Boro Sera

Back from this months NMM, and what a good one it was ( no surprises there ).

Harry Ramsdens finest (?) fish n chips - complete with a waiter who we're pretty sure wouldn't show up on a photo........we now call him Daywalker .

Mr2's , Yarisseses, 2 Paseos, Even a Celica turned up.

A couple of interlopers from the other side of the Border joined in the merriment.....Mike and Alan - nice one, great to see you guys again.

Meet newbie Mark wasn't too fazed to enjoy himself either ( at least I hope he had a good time ! )

After luncheon we went bowling where I successfully regained the Northern Tenpin crown, although it was a close run thing this time.

Cheers to everyone who turned up. It wouldn't be the same without you all.

I really feel sorry for all the other regions................they just aren't Northern :D

YUP I agree with all the above :toot: Must say Harry Ramsdens was a tad disappointing but hey we still enjoyed the company. Thanks to Les for arranging yet another grand meet :thumbsup: roll on the next one............... :yes:

Was a good day, good to see everyone again, I wonder if Hou went back for his free sweet after eating what appeared to be Moby ***** :!Removed!: :lol:

Ahh the swear filter kicks in and I meant it in an innocent context :D

Back from this months NMM, and what a good one it was ( no surprises there ).

Mr2's , Yarisseses, 2 Paseos, Even a Celica turned up.

you seem to be missing the Starlet!!!!! :ffs: :censor: :ffs:

Great meet you guys, just been out for a blast and thought id have a large mcdeli meal and i just feel worse

Didnt go back for my free sweet but my god was that hard work :!Removed!:

And next time can we bowl somewhere where theres wax on the lanes, my ribs really hurt along with my knees and wrist :lol:

What an awesome day, well weekend really :thumbsup:

As always, its great to meet new peeps and see the familiar faces :)

Dicey, Chris, JJ .... I dont think I remember laughing so hard in a long time :D pure class! :lol:

See you all at the next one!

Thanks for a great time...felt so welcome. I had such a good laugh and managed to put more faces to names which is always good, roll on Nurburg, Brunters....the list goes on this year...when will I have time to work?

thanks again.

Michael.

Ok... well I typed all this out on GT.. so im gonna copy it... lol ..

Fantastic weekend really.. (I'll just copy todays bit lol)

Sunday:

Got my early morning wake up call at 8:30am! :P oops Dale had already washed the car.. and I had 30mins to get ready hehehe..

Off to Birch services to meet up with Rob n Chris... and the convoy began to Gateshead..

Cue a lot of fun driving, some fantastic photos... some drifting around roundabouts... a slap up brekkie at Mozzas... before finally meeting the others at Washington Services..

As Anne said.. Harry Ramsdens was a bit pants to be honest... doubt I'll be going back.. was disappointed... but then we went off the the bowling... Well Anne n I went shopping and I bought myself a few items :)

Met up with the others again and sadly most people left :( Rob, Chris, Dale n I felt the day wasnt over yet... and got one of the others to drop us off at a pub after we had said our goodbyes... pub ended up being a little 'are you local?' hehe so we moved on from there and headed back to A1(M)... stopped off at Washington Services for Rob's convienience... and Chris proceeded to take bits of his Yaris to bits.. before we all ran off and hid (childish yes... but hell we ****** ourselves laughing)..

Back in cars for another stretch to Scotch Corner services.. where I had to change cars... but not before we grabbed some food at burger king.... nearly couldnt breathe through laughing so much.. having a right old time.. before another toilet stop for Rob...

Meanwhile.. as Rob was in the bogs... Dale had a go on the kiddie car thing... (we have video footage).. and then Chris and Dale proceeded to scare the s*** out of Rob (perhaps literally) by popping a balloon outside his cubical door... (again childish... but hey.. we were knackered and just out for a giggle... was great Razz ... you might have had to be there ;) ) I swapped cars and we convoyed down to M62.. said our goodbyes and parted ways... making it home in good time for a brew and to put me feet up... off to bed soon tho.. am knackered!!

All in all.. great weekend! Roadtrippage was fab! ;)

yoyo, had a great day today. was a right old laugh. your right about the food tho. wasnt really impressed as i was sat there doin a peter kay impression but instead of sayin GARLIC BREAD it was £8.99 lol cos i couldnt believe wot i got for that price and it wasnt the greatest. oh well we live and learn.

then when we were bowlin. that was an experience. never bowled on an lane where it slopes to the side. it was like learnin to bowl again but at least our lane didnt have a hump in the middle :P and HOU your a ledgend. need to get your superman videos up on here ASAP but remember to use lubricant next time :P

now wot can i say about the journey home that JJ hasnt already said. hmmmm well the toilet incident we popped it over robs head from the cubical next to him but we kinda give it away from the gigglin. but i could stop laughin after we did it. and the look on robs face when he came back to the dash of him car on the back seat. it was a picture. rob u shouldnt take soooooooooo long and we wouldnt get bored. when we get bored we like to dismantle. just unfortunate we were in your car at the time lol

here is dale on the car. the video will be up soon

photo00430ia.jpg

anyway role on the next one which will be more than likly be may now as we have the ring and brunters in april :D which i cant wait for. see you all again soon and nice to meet some new people. on and mark i am in the process of makin you special bowlin award :P

You Northern folk should move to the Midlands.... then we can have a Midlands Northern meet.... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Or maybe I should move "ooop narf" ? :lol::lol:

You could just come up north for the day? we could have a meet at sheffield or something?

woke up this morning feeling very sick but still proud of my certificate. Think ive really hurt my ribs and wrist, having typing issues!

Was a good day :thumbsup:

Mr Ramsdons was pants!!!!! :censor:

Im sooo glad i beat darren at bowling! :lol: Guys if you waft your arms around a little bit it does work..... :!Removed!:

Long day but im glad i went :thumbsup:

Im sorry for being a little quieter than usual when we first arrived....something to do with half cooked brekkie and being attacked at 9am :ffs:

Well another meet under my belt and yet another great turn out by the Northern crowd including a couple of you from a little further up north (msherry21 & alanbradley, thanks guys :thumbsup: ) also thanks to Daz H for helping me with this one :yes:

I’m convinced that TocNorthern folk would attend a meet in an empty field in the pouring rain and still have a great time (not referring to JAE 05 :P ), I have to say even though we paid extortionate prices for an average meal, we still managed to have a laugh, if Hou had gone with the four o’clock bowling that I wanted first :rolleyes: , he would have had time to eat his free pudding (I won’t mention the pot of mushy peas that were exchanged B) )

Ten pin bowling was something else :blink: , I never realised how challenging it could be to actually bowl down the equivalent of corrugated iron that had a lean on :D

Here’s to the next TocNorthern extravaganza. :thumbsup:

Les

Well i had a top day out, setting off at 9 with Chris to Birch, that brekkie in morrisons was awesome, though i had to laugh at the little rotund waiter who looked like he was on work experience, and apparently gave the cashier a, and i quote, "B*llocking" for assigning the wrong table number to our order!! :lol:

Nice to meet a few new faces there, and some i might have met at JAE but was too incapacitated to remember!!! Haha whoops!!

Daz and family, Hou, Steve and t'other Mark, really good to meet you! No man knows the back streets of Gateshead like Mark N! What a legend!!

Alan, good to see you down here again, its been a while mate!! Hopefully i'll have my bonnet sorted before i see you next! :rolleyes:

And of course thanks to Dale, JJ and Chris for a very entertaining time travelling! Chris took a wicked shot of Dales car on the motorway, David Bailey eat your heart out!! Had a top day and night anyway, oh and JJ cheers for the brew afterwards!!! :thumbsup:

Anyway Cheers to Les for organising another top do, shame about Harry Ramsdens being a bit *****, and being served by Willy Wonka was an experience to be sure! :thumbsup:

stopped off at Washington Services for Rob's convienience... and Chris proceeded to take bits of his Yaris to bits.. before we all ran off and hid (childish yes... but hell we ****** ourselves laughing)..

JJ you make it sound like i'm always on the bog!! I eat a lot, that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it! Was funny to come back to my Yaris in bits, not as funny as having a baloon popped over the cubical door at Scotch Corner though, and the remains landing in my lap... Hmmm! :rolleyes:

i could stop laughin after we did it. and the look on robs face when he came back to the dash of him car on the back seat. it was a picture. rob u shouldnt take soooooooooo long and we wouldnt get bored. when we get bored we like to dismantle. just unfortunate we were in your car at the time lol

Chris, remind me to kick you out and lock up next time i leave the car!! The funniest thing was i thought you had abandoned the car, but alas Dale, JJ and you were hid watching from the bushes!! :P

should have listened to me about harry pantsems :P

was a good meet, i had a good time, hous car is ACE i love it,i want it.

The bowling was class. The standard of them bowling lanes were ridulous :D and it was funny to see hou do a huge dive and stop dead! :D

Just a short note to you all to say thanks for making us interlopers so welcome yesterday. A huge "up" to Les and Daz too for going to the bother of organising it all.

As ever, it was great to meet more ToC-ers but especially those folk I've been conversing with on here for the last couple of years. Cheers guys!

Lastly, probably my favourite aspect about the bowling were the balls - it must have taken them ages to hew egg-shapes out of solid plastic using only a steel chiles and a pair of dentures! Full credit to the people of Megabowl.

Cheers again,

:thumbsup:

Alan

Egg shaped? dont know what you were talking about they were round, sorry i mean around the shape of a cube, never seen a ball with corners before.

And Mark n's bowling was gutting for him, he bowled perfectly striaght then when the ball got to the middle it must have hit one of the ridges and went 90 degrees to its origional direction.

Must say my favourite moment was mark's strike where everyone erupted in cheers!

Nearly went to the chippy for dinner haha

:lol: I was consistant..........consistantly bad. :lol:

Must say my favourite moment was mark's strike where everyone erupted in cheers!

It was good meet. I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next one. Anyone got any ideas yet?

Sounds like a good laugh :thumbsup:

Wish I lived up North instead now lol, we've got a Harry Ramsdens at Lakeside and it's fine. I don't go there often at all but when I do I think it's fine (but I could well be the minority saying that)

photo00430ia.jpg

lol :lol: does it suit me? :P

im surprised we didnt get kicked out of the services after our antics :rolleyes::lol:

heres the awesome pic of my car that dicey mentioned, its my fave pic of Kaya by far, cheers Chris!! :D

IMG_0792Medium.jpg

all the other pics that JJ took can be found Here

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links