Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Rav 4

Easy

:D Hi Guys, Picking up the new XT5 tomorrow, very excited as you would imagine, hope it don't let me down as previous threads suggest. Will post on it after a couple of days when i've had a proper feel of it. :yes:

:D Hi Guys, Picking up the new XT5 tomorrow, very excited as you would imagine, hope it don't let me down as previous threads suggest. Will post on it after a couple of days when i've had a proper feel of it. :yes:

Hope all goes to plan for you :yes: , we look forward to your road test report :thumbsup: .

Hope all goes to plan for you :yes: , we look forward to your road test report :thumbsup: .

:thumbsup: Well guys, picked the car up last friday and sorry to dissapoint you but it is really fantastic, great looking car, modern looking, easy to drive, fantastic spec, just can't fault it, even got used to the back door. :yes:

dont you simply love the interior? nice leather? cool optitron meters? even the plastics that looks like brushed aluminium? little push button open/close of glove box? cooled glove box? 6 cds in dash? mp3? small and fat steering wheel? powerseat? smart entry? flat back seat that pushes down at pull from the cargo area? low and large cargo? 17" wheels? great handling? quiet diesel? nice pickup even after 80mph?

cant wait to get mine!

:thumbsup: Well guys, picked the car up last friday and sorry to dissapoint you but it is really fantastic, great looking car, modern looking, easy to drive, fantastic spec, just can't fault it, even got used to the back door. :yes:

Trust me i'm not dissapointed ,i'm glad the new model is getting some good feedback :thumbsup: .

Trust me i'm not dissapointed ,i'm glad the new model is getting some good feedback :thumbsup: .

:) Hi Bob & Spwolf, go get yourself the new model, you will love it, don't understand the general opinion that the car does not look good. Don't know how long the previous model has been out, but it does look a bit dated and i think it was time for a change.

On a negative note the keyless entry is great until you want to open a window when your stationary or transfer your phonebook etc to the bluetooth, you have to have the engine running to carry this out, or perhaps i'm doing something wrong, apart from this i love the car, as good as my old Lexus Rx 300 if not better. :thumbsup:

:) Hi Bob & Spwolf, go get yourself the new model, you will love it, don't understand the general opinion that the car does not look good. Don't know how long the previous model has been out, but it does look a bit dated and i think it was time for a change.

On a negative note the keyless entry is great until you want to open a window when your stationary or transfer your phonebook etc to the bluetooth, you have to have the engine running to carry this out, or perhaps i'm doing something wrong, apart from this i love the car, as good as my old Lexus Rx 300 if not better. :thumbsup:

I was following a new model T180 in dark grey this morning......... Looks very nice and much bigger....Had tints and chrome pack + side steps....... :( :( :( :( I want one now...........

Hi there, I am new to the forum and I have just taken delivery of a T180. I have had 5 RAV4s and I must say that this is the best one that I have ever driven. The drive is more refined and it is so quick once you are out of first gear. I had an Audi TT and an RAV4 XTR and have just traded both in for an AYGO and the T180. Because of the T180, I don't miss the TT at all.

A quick note on the keyless entry, once you are in if you press the start button without the clutch this will turn the electronics on which will enable you to do all the things you want without starting the car.

Would you consider the T180 to be good value for money?

For what it is, I think its pretty pricey, plus why no auto option on the diesel.

Easy, glad you like your car and enjoy :thumbsup: .

Regards, Anil.

For what it is, I think its pretty pricey, plus why no auto option on the diesel.

Regards, Anil.

I do personally (but I would considering I bought one), but this depends on whether you think the XT5 is good value for money or not as you are paying £2,500 for a faster model with a totally different engine (not just a remap) and you get the wheel extensions, privacy glass, chrome grill darkened headlamps and 18inch run flats alloys and tyre pressure sensor.

Are these extras worth £2,500? You decide! :thumbsup:

I would recommend that you get one for a test drive before answering the question.

Cheers

Hi there, I am new to the forum and I have just taken delivery of a T180. I have had 5 RAV4s and I must say that this is the best one that I have ever driven. The drive is more refined and it is so quick once you are out of first gear. I had an Audi TT and an RAV4 XTR and have just traded both in for an AYGO and the T180. Because of the T180, I don't miss the TT at all.

A quick note on the keyless entry, once you are in if you press the start button without the clutch this will turn the electronics on which will enable you to do all the things you want without starting the car.

:thumbsup: Hi El Jadius glad you like the new car, great arn't they. Thanks for the tip on the keyless entry, still can't open the windows but as you say it allows all the other functions. :thumbsup:

Regards, Anil.

I would recommend that you get one for a test drive before answering the question.

Cheers

I've tried but the dealer cannot get hold of an auto!

Anil.

Regards, Anil.

Cheers

Anil.

There isn't an auto for the T180, they only come in a manual diesel.

Regards, Anil.

Cheers

Anil.

I know :) . Its the petrol I wanted to try but the dealer only has manuals in both petrol and diesel :( .

I suppose as its going to be a bigger seller thn the autos. :unsure:

Regards, Anil.

Cheers

Anil.

I know :) . Its the petrol I wanted to try but the dealer only has manuals in both petrol and diesel :( .

I suppose as its going to be a bigger seller thn the autos. :unsure:

We've had our XT4 D-4d for 2 weeks now, its fantastive. I've owned a Mk1 and Mk2 Rav. Its not as much of a fun car as the 3-door XT3 I had (only 18 months old when I sold it) but its in a difference class. The handling is much better, the car feels more substantial (which it should given its size) but best of all, it still

looks like a RAV.

A hint for others, we paid to have the roof rails added back (they are deleted on all above the XT3) and also had the styling pack. This (to me) make a big difference in terms of it looking like a "4x4" and certainly detracts from the back-end styling which has been criticised.

On another note, the RAV beat the CRV and X-Trail in this week's Autocar, so perhaps the press are starting to like it too......

;)

All hale Autocar then :rolleyes:

Still think its overpriced but people will still buy it.

Would the forthcoming Mitsubishi Outlander offer more VFM?

I believe the SUV market is getting somewhat congested and only decent ones (like the RAV4) will survive.

Anil.

The new Hyundai Santa Fe looks like it will give the New RAV4 some stiff competition as well and the Koreans have gone one further by mating their diesel to a 5 Speed automatic and both engine and transmission have been given the thumbs up by ‘Test Drive Magazine’

The Autocar magazine is the first group test I’ve seen where the RAV4 has come top the previous two in other magazines it came third, so the New RAV4 hasn’t exactly blown away the opposition and gone to the top of the segment and my guess is it will have an even tougher time when Honda’s third Gen CR-V and Nissan second Gen X-Trail come out.

maybe in UK, in Continental Europe it got pretty rave reviews.

As to the Santa Fe - it is bigger car, but it is priced the same. It is significantly slower than 136hp model though due to way too much weight.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links