Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlamp Deflection For Driving Abroad On Old Style

dazgetz

Just been to my local toyota dealer where I bought the car (52 plate) and bought the headlamp deflector kit as I'm driving abroad in a couple of months. Just one small problem, nobody knew where to fit it, they one they sold me was a lucas one that had a load of templates for various cars but no mention of the avensis. Anyway after much deliberation nobody there could work out where to fit it so they gave me my money back.

So has anybody fitted these and can give me a clue as where to fit it?

most companies sell headlight deflectors and on there, there is a marker for the said deflectors........ hope this helps

Just been to my local toyota dealer where I bought the car (52 plate) and bought the headlamp deflector kit as I'm driving abroad in a couple of months. Just one small problem, nobody knew where to fit it, they one they sold me was a lucas one that had a load of templates for various cars but no mention of the avensis. Anyway after much deliberation nobody there could work out where to fit it so they gave me my money back.

So has anybody fitted these and can give me a clue as where to fit it?

The facelifted Avensis (mkII?) sold in 2002 does not require headlamp deflectors, as when on dipped, the lights do not dip to the left, they only dip downwards. This means that you will not be blinding oncoming traffic. You will have noticed that there are no markings on the headlamp glass; this is because it doesn't need any! If you're heavlily loaded in the back, you might want to adjust the headlamp level downwards using the control to the right of the steering wheel.

Dave

Why do you need to mount a headlamp deflector? Where in Europe are you planning to drive?

I took my Toyota Avensis (2004 model) all across Europe, from Romania to Scotland last year, plus other trips to Germany, Italy, France, and nobody ever asked me about such a deflector. Are sure you need it?

Best regards from Bucharest

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links