Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Car Prep And Incident At The Nurburgring

Alan_21

Well its taken me long enough so here goes.

The Weeks leading up the the Ring Trip have been stressful getting the cars ready for the trip.

Here is what She looked like before

DSCN0423.sized.jpg

DSCN0422.sized.jpg

Then after a slide on a muddy apex and a track rod end ball joint snapping whilst clipping the kerb this is what she looks like now

crash4.jpg

crash3.sized.jpg

crash2.sized.jpg

crash1.sized.jpg

Once I lost all steering from the track rod joint snapping, the drivers side wheel started flapping and the car veered into the armco (spelling?) crushing the mugen front bumper and my wing, Denting my rear 1/4 then spining me round to go backwards into the armco on the otherside pushing my mugen rear bumper in, breaking my home made spoiler in and smashing my Jap spec lights. :crybaby:

Thanks to Liam and Tracy for seeing if we were ok. Luckily we were fine and we damaged no Armco.

MAHOOOOOSIVE Thanks to Leeky and Charis for rescueing us form the garage and bringing us home!!.

We owe you both bigtime for that!!! :thumbsup:

The car is still in Germany and im waiting for it to be trailered home by my insurance breakdown cover.

Thanks To eveyone, Ken for organising a wicked trip :thumbsup: And to everyone who helped me and nikki keep our chins up and laugh it off and enjoy the weekend.

The car will be back to its former glory in no time as soon as I get it back.

SO glad you two are okay ..

If you need ANY help dude, just ask. It's what we are here for.

yeah glad nothing worse happened! When we stopped over on otherside of road, we were like "ahh !Removed!".

Hope u get the car back and everything else is cool :)

Yeah man, That was a narsty shock chap :(

Hope you get it all fixed.. you were so unlucky :(

Catch up with you guys soon :thumbsup:

Cheers peeps we were both unlucky but lucky at the same time as it could have been worse.

I have another CRX at home ( rustless import ) so everything will get transfered over from the white car when it gets back. Engine, Polly bushed arms, coilovers, brakes etc etc.

Im not scrapping the white car though, the damage isn't actually that bad its just the rear quarter that I will need to attack with a welder and new panel.

The rest is bolt on stuff really.

glad your ok mate. couldnt believe it when i rounded that corner and saw you in the armco. hope you get it all sorted soon.

Glad you and Nik are all ok..

Sure you will get it back to it's former glory.. with all your car expertise that you seem to have.. :D

It will be back and better then ever in no time doode!!!!

Its nowhere near as smashed as mine and thats still fixable so there is still hope... and at least you have a cool excuse :P

If you need a hand time is what I have plenty of :thumbsup:

glad your ok mate. couldnt believe it when i rounded that corner and saw you in the armco. hope you get it all sorted soon.

Ditto... :(

Do you know when it will be back yet?

A

I was told at the time that it would be ten days. So during next week I reckon.

I will give them a call tommorow to see what the score is.

If we get the rear arms and seats onto the black, will it be drivable right away?

Then an MOT and you are laughing :)

Yeah we just need to get the RTA's back on the black car, then the seats and she is ready to register, tax mot insure etc so hopefully I will be back on the road in the next week or so.

Then I will just use weekends when they are free to transfer everything over bit by bit.

It will be fun, Normally when you build a car you are always waiting for money to get parts,

Well all the money has been spent so It will be like

" Coilovers this weekend or Brakes?"

"Hmmmmm I think we shoud do the Engine first"

he he he he he he

Cheers for the regards and support peeps :thumbsup:

That is true.... its great when you have all the toys already and a spare car to put them onto :D

Hey guys,

Thanks for all of your comments.

Just glad we are back in the UK. :)

Looking forward to helping Alan, redo the black car.

Thanks to everyone that helped us while we were away, we really appreciated it. You don't know how much. :thumbsup:

Nikki

BTW everyone,

Its my Birthday tomoz so if you are near reading and fancy a night on the **** then come along!!!

I think we will meet in the hope tap as a meeting point to get everyone together that are coming and a few cheap drinks and then move on to where ever we want.

Should be a good night if enough people come :thumbsup:

dude was gutted for you when i found out about it, but could of been worse man.

happy birthday for tomorrow dude, i would be out but im at work

BTW everyone,

Its my Birthday tomoz so if you are near reading and fancy a night on the **** then come along!!!

Just texted Sooty, Jon, Andy (mate with the black GT4) & Liam.

Sooty replied straight away with "Hell yeah! Wouldnt miss that for the world, What time?". Tee Hee, someone is eager for beer. :lol:

Jon will be out after 9, and will bring friends ..

Andy has his B'day on Sunday so is a 50/50 ..

Liam "is there" also ..

Sorry to see the damage, was a gorgeous car, sure it can be fixed and glad your ok!

It was an extremely heart sinking moment when we got round that third bend Al. I don't think we parked up and jumped out quick enough once we managed to get off the track after what seemed the longest lap in the world.

I don't think I really did very much as Lee was the one driving, but you both have a great attitude about it and everyone's so glad you're ok. That's the most important thing :)

I'm pretty sure Lee will be out in town to join you for your birthday and if it's cool I'll pop along too hehe :thumbsup:

i think it was a mini LOC and TOC meet on the side of the track :lol:

we pulled over after seeing zee and his car on the side of the track, fearing the worst !

was only afterwards we learnt you were a TOCCY

glad to hear no harm came to you

shame about the car, but hey ho its only a car !

i have some pics taken from an onboard video of the aftermath, if your interested :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links