Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance Question

Tara

Hiya,

My insurance is due for renewal in may and due to a few modifications its getting a bit expensive. I was looking into doing the 10 month bonus accelerator so at least in 10 months it should come down again. Has anyone been insured like this? And has it caused any problems with other companies etc?

Cheers for any help in advance

Tara :)

I've been on the 10month policies for a while now. Every other insurance company i've been to has accepted them.

At the end of the day when you finish the 10month policy and want to go somewhere else you just need a letter from your previous insurer confirming your NCB.

:thumbsup:

Most insurers are ok with 10months = 1 years discount.

However I had 20 months, and some only allowed 1 year, some allowed 2...

Hiya

I have been insured like this since i have had my car.

For example 2005/2006 insurance my last payment was april but my policy aint up till june, so basiclly i have 2 months without paying. In other words you pay for 12 months over 10 months, the down side is that you just pay that little bit extra :)

Cheers for the help. Think im going to go ahead and do the 10 month thing :thumbsup:

Hiya

I have been insured like this since i have had my car.

For example 2005/2006 insurance my last payment was april but my policy aint up till june, so basiclly i have 2 months without paying. In other words you pay for 12 months over 10 months, the down side is that you just pay that little bit extra :)

I think your maybe meaning something different than me. What I'm wanting to do is pay the whole lot today and im only insured for 10 months but after those 10months i get 1 years no claims. In other words i build up my no claims in a shorter period of time. Thanks for the reply tho :)

Be careful with that, I was looking into it & a lot of companies only accept the 10 months as a year if the 10 months were with them so if you changed companies at the end of it a lot of places wouldn't count it as a years NCB. I also didn't find it was that much cheaper, when I was getting quotes I would have only saved about the equivalent of a months money & only getting 10 months insurance, which meant I would have paid for about 11 months cover & only got 10 so I didn't think it was worth it. AFAIK you'd be better just paying for the full year & then getting a years NCB that every1 would accept.

Have you done the Pass Plus? That's supposed to guarantee you a good saving (I think it's supposed to give you the same saving as a years NCB or something like that).

Be careful with that, I was looking into it & a lot of companies only accept the 10 months as a year if the 10 months were with them so if you changed companies at the end of it a lot of places wouldn't count it as a years NCB. I also didn't find it was that much cheaper, when I was getting quotes I would have only saved about the equivalent of a months money & only getting 10 months insurance, which meant I would have paid for about 11 months cover & only got 10 so I didn't think it was worth it. AFAIK you'd be better just paying for the full year & then getting a years NCB that every1 would accept.

Have you done the Pass Plus? That's supposed to guarantee you a good saving (I think it's supposed to give you the same saving as a years NCB or something like that).

Yeah have done pass plus and have one years no claims. But because of the modifications its still pricey. One of my more expensive quotes was £1600. It will also only cost me £2 more a month to do it the 10 month way. Guess im just impatient but really want to build up my no claims fast and saving £100 on my insurance is also a benifit as i have a holiday to pay for. Thanks though :yes:

Yeah I was gonna say about that, I always thought it was a ploy for that Insurance company to keep you with them, but it seems like a lot of people have been doing it for a while. I'll personally stick with the 12 month policy terms.

I did it for the last 4 years - now I'm up to 5yrs NCB I just do 12month now. I built it up with the Admiral Group (Elephant, Bell Direct, Admiral) and then insured with Norwich Union this year who were way cheapest - they had no problem with it.

Now I'm heading back to Elephant to insure my S2000.......they only want £971 (12-months) rather than Norwich Union's £2,116!!!!!! :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links