Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Fuel Consumption - Mpg

Milli

Hello

Still fairly new to these forums. Had a Toyota Yaris 1.0 GS (99 reg) which i had to part ex :( for a Toyota Corolla due to larger family now. The Corolla I got is a 1.6 T2 (02 reg). I have had it about 4 days now and I have noticed that the thing uses fuel like anything. I relaise that because I had a 1.0l previously it would be quicker but i filled 3 days ago with 45.00 and it is on empty now and i have travelled from work and back twice (60 miles a day). Can anyone tell me what a usual mpg for the car is and how many miles ppl get off a full tank.

Thanks

FYI I get around 300-310 miles to a tank on my TSport with 'enthuastic' driving :)

I recently got 31mpg in mixed driving. I blame the short 5th gear which means the engine is spinning too much at 70 mph+.

Hello

Still fairly new to these forums. Had a Toyota Yaris 1.0 GS (99 reg) which i had to part ex :( for a Toyota Corolla due to larger family now. The Corolla I got is a 1.6 T2 (02 reg). I have had it about 4 days now and I have noticed that the thing uses fuel like anything. I relaise that because I had a 1.0l previously it would be quicker but i filled 3 days ago with 45.00 and it is on empty now and i have travelled from work and back twice (60 miles a day). Can anyone tell me what a usual mpg for the car is and how many miles ppl get off a full tank.

Thanks

Hi I have a 1.6 t spirit and get 46 mpg , according to the computer . Hope this is of some use .

i get 26mpg on my CTS but I cane it and enjoy every minute of it! If I was that worried about fuel I would have got a diesel!

however your fuel consumption seems rather high for a petrol. If I've done th emath corrrectly 240miles which is not right. might be a broken temperature sensor so the car thinks its cold. does it blow smoke?

I was about the say 300-310 to a tank is ALOT. I manage about 28mpg at best with motor way driving being the main part!

I did one day decide to drive sensible and got 35mpg, but never gonna do that again, that engine is design ed ro be caned :)

Got a celica btw

The 30 miles a day is down the M62 between Manchester and Liverpool but even whn i try to be conservative it seems to go down fast. It does not blow smoke the car is in great condition. Like it has been said perhaps it is meant to be cained but I thought corollas were suppost to get in the range of 40-45 mpg

I've put over £100 in my GT4 and ive only had it since last Saturday! :laughing:

I was getting approx 29MPG with the TTE exhaust and K&N Typhoon induction kit, but I've recently removed these and am now getting approx 32MPG, although it's mostly motorway driving now whereas it wasn't before.

I get between 300 and 360 miles to a tank depending on whether I'm driving in and around town, or between towns....I don't really do much motorway driving at all, so that'll give you a rough idea of the sort of driving I do.. Costs me about £43 to fill up from red.

Hi

May be if the other owners never drove it very hard (only very slowly around town :blink: )). It might not be properly run in, even if the mileage is 10,000's.

Only an idea. As I had a Citroen AX once it had 18,000 miles when I got it & topped out at 85 (by the speedo). But after a few thousand miles with me :wacko: it could top out 100mph (by the speedo that is).

Pb

:wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links