Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Often....

Ian S

Was just wondering out of interest how often everyone cleans their cars? I try to do mine at least once a week, with a wax every 4-5 washes. I've just used the Meguiars three step polish system as well as the results are amazing! Highly recommended!

The dealer does mine every service, so on average, about once every five months.

The inside, more regularly, with a hoover, one of those cyclone things - the landlords - rubbish for car interiors...

once a week, inside and out with a wax every 2 months or so and some polish were needed.

Whenever it rains...icon1.gif

:yes: :D

Although it due a proper t-cut and polish real soon as the the red is fading a bit! :ffs:

how much is a full respray btw, anyone know?

Whenever it rains...icon1.gif

:yes: :D

Although it due a proper t-cut and polish real soon as the the red is fading a bit! :ffs:

how much is a full respray btw, anyone know?

650-900 Bruva although it could be more ,could be less... but thats a realistic price...

BoB

At the moment its getting a dealer wash about twice a month. But his month its been about once a week. Man you gotta love the warranty period.

But when its working, twice a month and polish once a month.

Anyone use a car wash?

Wash and polish mine every other week, use turtle wax quick dry wash and autoglym (RED one can't remember name) Polish quite good stuff.

Even after 15 years paint work still come up nice.

Regards

Phil.

all depends usually at least once a week. and thats both inside and outside lol. as i like a clean car

once a weeks normally inside and out, but as my car is getting modified its not :( but as soon as the works completed its going to get a full clean t cut and wax!

My rolla gets cleaned inside weekly and washed generally every 2 to 3 weeks. :thumbsup:

But, it is not used that often :unsure: , and has only done less than 2,000 miles, although it is over 6 months old !!!!!!

When I bought it I was doing 6 to 7 k /year, but now I've retired it sits in the garage most of the time and only comes out when the weather is good !!!! :thumbsup:

I clean the inside evry 2 weeks and the outside about once a month.

The dealer does mine every service, so on average, about once every five months.

why is your car getting serviced every 5 months ???

I have cleaned my new rolla once since I have had it!! White cars get dirty too fast so I have given up

at leasr once a week the most ive done it is 3 times a week purely cos i was bored :)

i washed it even the day i had it delivered cause the guy who washed it before handing it over had done a crappy job....

why is your car getting serviced every 5 months ???

I was thinking that too... :wacko:

During the cold months, when it rains or snows. But during late spring and summer, every other week or so. :arrgg-matey:

just washed/waxed and polished my car and the red has come back to life again!! the pink roof top is actually red now :D gonna get it t-cutted later on this summer when i go home and hopefully it'll bring the red back even more!

thank god thought i had to fork out ££££ this summer to get it resprayed but all it needed was a bit of tlc! with no respray on the agenda im able to spend my cash on other bits and pieces which should be sweet!! :yes:

i would take photos of my motor but my missus has got the digi-cam :rolleyes: so it'll have to wait till later on the summer and hopefully then i'l have everything finished B)

I have cleaned my new rolla once since I have had it!! White cars get dirty too fast so I have given up

knowlson, I haven't seen any pics of your AE86 yet!? Have you posted them somewhere???

• 3 months later...

Was just wondering out of interest how often everyone cleans their cars? I try to do mine at least once a week, with a wax every 4-5 washes. I've just used the Meguiars three step polish system as well as the results are amazing! Highly recommended!

hi sir, i wash my car everyday in the morning with a car shampoo, specially during rainy seasons. i wax once a month.

Picked my Rolla up yesterday afternoon - planning on giving it a wash and wax tomorrow.

I'm not sure what the colour is called - is it "Rosso Red" ??

Any recommendations for products to use?

Picked my Rolla up yesterday afternoon - planning on giving it a wash and wax tomorrow.

I'm not sure what the colour is called - is it "Rosso Red" ??

Any recommendations for products to use?

Maguires and/or Autoglym are probably the best products out there :thumbsup: !

If you look on the main page (Toyota Workshop) there is a whole section to car cleaning products that people have used :thumbsup: !

*Car Care & detailing

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links