Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Small Car Lovers ..

Bibbs

I misread this as twin engined golf!!! As in the Dubsport ones!!

They were pretty cool :D

Was that the turquoise thing???? Apparently anyone who drove it is now deaf!!!

I think they made a twin engine turquise Mkiii golf..... the ones I liekd were the two Mki Golfs, one was a twin engined snot green thing, the other was a mid engined 500 or so horsepower bright orange thing!!

Its an 8 mpg gain which is a good percentage! and dont question my Knowledge on Vauxhall engines again! :yes::lol:

Where do you get +8mpg from?? Current 2L = 35.3 combined, new 1.4T =38.2 combined, so that's less than 3 mpg difference.

If you're so knowledgable on vauxhall engines perhaps you'd like to enlighten us as to how GM 'restricted' the e16se engine from 170hp down to 100hp?? I've built a couple of these engines myself as 3 of my friends race them, and we'd love to know how to get an easy, streetable 170hp. :rolleyes:

I miss read the MPG!!! :!Removed!: for some reason the figure 31mpg and 39 mpg were in my head!

Secondly I was meant to write 'Corsa' and was referring to the c16xe engine not the 8v lump! It was returned to Vauxhall by Lotus with closer to 160bhp and so rather than overshadowing the larger c20xe they designed an awkward and unnecessary inlet manifold to strangle it down to 109bhp.

Meh, c20 LEt was better :P

Meh, c20 LEt was better :P

I know I have one! Shame they never made a 4wd system to handle the power!

The XE is one of the most tuneable engines out there IMHO It urinated on most engines around for very long time and in some respects still does.

I have driven a stripped out c20let nova.... Although immensly unstable and pretty much totally failed to cope with the power, it was insanely fast!!!!

I first read about these twin charged Golfs last year. Think it's a good thing personally and hope other manufacturers follow, hopefully with bigger engines :D

Joe

I have driven a stripped out c20let nova.... Although immensly unstable and pretty much totally failed to cope with the power, it was insanely fast!!!!

In a Nova/Corsa they regulary acheive 5 sec's to 60, trouble is in those 5 secs your life flashes up in front of you! A member of another owners club has a stripped out TB'd NOS'd XE Corsa doing a 12 sec quarter, Infact Im sure i Have a Video of it killing an Evo at the Pod, Ill get it posted (not that anyone will be interested!!) 12.16 @ 117mph is not bad for a corsa!

Mines in a Mk2 GTE Astra and the extra weight holds it to the road a little bit more but generally your statement is as accurate as it gets. :lol: I love it though and wont ever sell her!

Wet weather and its purely a life or death choice hmmmmm Celica or Gte? Ill take the Celica Today please!

thats lame i agree

for 17.5k your gonna get a pretty hefty 2nd hand car thatll make mincemeat of any tosspot golf

Give me VTEC any day!! :P

I got my 20month old S2k for only £2 grand more!! :eek:

Give me VTEC any day!! :P

Shhhh .. they'll all want one ..

No, you don't !?

Oh well :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links