Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4a-ge Turbo (4a-gte)

System~G

Hi guys,

I'm currently looking at a project to Turbo the TVIS 16V 4A-GE. Now I'm not refering to the 16V 4A-GZE or the 20V.

I know that HKS do a manifold to do this, unfortunately it won't work in a MK1 MR2 due to space restriction. I have also managed to get a manifold made through my partner in this project.

I was wondering if anyone knew anything (or someone) that has undertaken a project like this in the past or is currently doing one.

We have the Turbo, the manifold (but am open to other ideas or suppliers). All other bits need sourcing. are there kits available?

ECU wise we will be looking at either a stand alone system or something along the line of E-manage that a number of the MKIII MR2 turbo conversions run.

I also need to re-iterate, we are not converting (or plan on converting a S/C or Levin 20V).

Any help info appreciated :thumbsup:

I would check out www.club4ag.com/ but it does not seem to be working now mate! There a quite a few on there that have done the 4age to 4agte conversion

also check this site out

http://www.4agte.com/

Cheers mate.

Have been reading club4ag for a while and have asked a few Q's on the forum.

Just trying to gather as much info as possible. The other link (4agte) makes some interesting reading :thumbsup:

Any more for any more? :thumbsup:

try this site http://www.twincam.org. they are in australia i think where turboing the 4A seems popular

Turbocharging the 4AGE seems to be fairly straight forward so long as you do not run more than 6 Psi, beyond that and you are in a different territory. Many things to consider and compensate for which are otherwise taken for granted in the 4AGZE, thats why it's popular to do the swap.

HKS only did the Twincharge kit for the AW11 SC as far as I know, don't think anything was available for the normally aspirated AW11.

Good luck, will help where I can.

Nad

Thanks for the the other links and bits of info guys B)

I think we'll begin on the existing engine currently in the car and see how much we can get from it before it goes bang and then fit my spare engine (currently in my shed). Whilst rebuilding the current running engine, we'll do all internals and see how much more we can get from it before it goes bang :D

I think in the long term we would like to be able to offer UK MK1 owners a more affordable way of getting more power out their engines reliably without having to go to the expense of full-on rebuilds or engine swaps.

One of our friends on IMOC is currently building a T/C 4A. It has taken nearly two years and a spend of £20k + some and it's still not running 100% let alone even in the car. But when it's done it's going to be something very special.

Turbo-ing the S/C is easy. The N/A isn't due to the UK cars running -tive pressure MAP sensors and lack of forged pistons and other uprated internals standard on the S/C. Then you gotta think about controlling it all... :wacko:

Oh well... Let the fun begin :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links