Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adjusting Bite Point On T-sport Clutch.

bert.tsport

hi all,

just wondering if anyone knows how to adjust the position of the bite point on the t-sport clutch?

when i had my clutch replaced under warranty 12mths ago it was 25% of pedal travel off the floor and felt great, but now its about 75% of pedal travel off the floor :(

my manufactures 3yr warranty runs out in 2 days , so if its none adjustable then i can only assume its nearly worn out again... :help: 12,000 miles done on clutch, same as first clutch lasted. :eek:

if its adjustable , then no problem as gear change and clutch otherwise seem fine...

any advice please? :thumbsup:

bert

12,000 is very limited life mate! :eek:

Mines a yaris i know, but its done 26k and its lead a very hard life

and its fine

Theres defo a problem there mate

i can be adjusted on my car as i did it today in my lunch break, so i would of thought it can on your car to. only thing is mate what you doing to it? clutch should last so much longer than that! unless you launch it of the mark hard alot? of drive about with your foot resting on the pedal? sounds like you need a auto :yes:

bert didn't you get exteded warrenty with your car?,take it back and get a new one if is worn already.

Clutch seems fine on mine after 33000 miles. Sounds like something's not right.

Paul.

bert didn't you get exteded warrenty with your car?,take it back and get a new one if is worn already.

i dont think the clutch is covered by the extended warranty. :(

its not like its broken, just feels like it needs adjusting a bit. all my past cars ive been able to adjust the position on the clutch cable. infact , i did it the other day on my girlfriends corsa. 2 min job. i just cant work it out on my cts.???

someones gotta know?? :thumbsup:

Im sure that thecluch cant be adjusted cos its hydraulic. I had a quick look on mine and there seeems to be no adjustment on either the master cylander or the slave.

If you find out otherwise let me no! :)

hope that helps

as i said i'm sure you can adjust the clutch bite point on your t sport, both my corolla gt and honda prelude have hydraulic clutches, and both i have adjusted the bite point on, both of which were easy to do apart from being a little cramped, as you need to do it on the clutch pedel in the foot well, its not on the gearbox or any where else. just a lock nut and adjusting screw on the pedel. get in your car with a tourch in your mouth, upside down with couple of spanners :)

as i said i'm sure you can adjust the clutch bite point on your t sport, both my corolla gt and honda prelude have hydraulic clutches, and both i have adjusted the bite point on, both of which were easy to do apart from being a little cramped, as you need to do it on the clutch pedel in the foot well, its not on the gearbox or any where else. just a lock nut and adjusting screw on the pedel. get in your car with a tourch in your mouth, upside down with couple of spanners :)

thanks, i will have a look... :thumbsup:

btw, i dont abuse my car... nor do i drive around with my foot on the clutch... :lol:

thanks, i will have a look... :thumbsup:

btw, i dont abuse my car... nor do i drive around with my foot on the clutch... :lol:

in which case something has to be wrong, there is no way your clutch should have gone in the first place after only 12000 miles :eek: and to be showing signs of heavy where again :eek: very odd

ive had a look under the clutch pedal and there is a threaded rod and nut that you can adjust. will have a go adjusting it tomorrow. :thumbsup:

ive had a look under the clutch pedal and there is a threaded rod and nut that you can adjust. will have a go adjusting it tomorrow. :thumbsup:

thought there would be. set it so your car starts in gear with the pedal 20mm of the floor pan, thats how i set my rolla and prelude

The threaded bar which is the rod into the master cylinder isnt designed to adjust the clutch! It is designed to adjust the freeplay in the pedal! Nothing else! And then if your lucky you will have a pedal height adjuster on the opposite side of the pedal, but his doesnt adjust your clutch either, it is only for pedal comfort!

Toyota clutches cant be adjusted! They are Hydraulic! Some clutches do bite at different point of the pedal though!

I dont know the condition of your clutch,you said it could be worn out again then IT IS under warrenty tell them it is abnormal wear and tear that will shut them up.

The cts clutch cannot be adjusted,even if is ajustable you do not adjusted from under the pedel's inside the car,from my knowlege it is normaly done where the clutch cable are at the front under the bonnet.

if is me i take it back to toyota let them fixed it that what warrenty are for.

My comment is not exactly about adjusting the clutch but I guess it is also relevant.

I have accepted that gear shifting in TS could not be ideal but I am curious to know if somebody could explain the following behaviour:

(1) Shifting from 1st to 2nd is OK if I move very fast (not delay in neutral). Otherwise the stick is somehow "blocked" out of 2nd (neutral) and I have to move it around a litle bit and then push ("hit") it again toward 2nd.

Of course, the fast move needs very good timing with the clutch, otherwise you may feel some gear grinding.

(2) Shifting from 2nd to 3rd is the opposite. I have to wait a bit before entering 3rd and then push it into 3rd. Otherwise gear grinding is felt.

Some shifting inconvenience may be related to the fact that my clutch bites very fast (which I like). But why the difference of 1st to 2nd from 2nd to 3rd shift?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links